Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick question

NarsheNarshe Member Posts: 563

How far will only the original (prophecies) campaign take you in current pvp? i still have my really old prophecies account with nothing else, no packs or expansions or anything but I have high faction, elite skills/items etc, and was curious if I'd be at a significant disadvantage against the new classes, or could I still get by in PVP (RA, GVG, etc)? I don't want to spend 30$ on the all in one PVP pack if I don't have to..

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

Comments

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

well, considering you only have 6 of the 10 professions and a quarter of the skills in the entire game (three full campaigns and an expansion, not three expansions)...

Ok, I have a guildie that only has prophecies and only has a ranger and he has gvg'd for us, but only if we REALLY need a ranger and even then someone else can roll one that he can't as he is gimped by only having a quarter of the skills in the entire game

imageimage

• DirtyMackDirtyMack Member Posts: 3

I'm afraid you would be at a disadvantage now if you only used Prophecies SKILLS.  Dont worry about the professions of the new campaigns - Factions (assassins, rits) and Nightfall (dervishes and paragons) are just cheap immitations (gimmicks) of the prophecies chars anyway.  They are mainly used as secondaries.

As an example, I still use Ranger/Monk, Monk/warrior and even though a fair few of the skills used are from prophecies, other campaign skills are pretty vital to put on your bar now.

It probably would be worth spending the $30.

• imfriedimfried Member Posts: 1

If you like to play pvp i suggest you to buy the other campains (not necessary EotN). There lots of new elites and also the other normal skills are a great advabtage.

you don't have to choose one of the other professions.. they are as good as the other 6 ones.