Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie Questions

SarnathSarnath Member Posts: 74

Ok... I have heard rumors that AO was going to add a PvE server for those folk who just wanted to kill aliens and that was it. Did this ever actually happen? is there now a PvE server? I am not into PvP but thought that if AO had a PvE server, I might give it a try.

Also, I know there is a 7 day free trial but if you buy the game in the store do you get a 30 day free trial like most games?

Thanks

Sarnath

Comments

• sacasesacase Member UncommonPosts: 22

PvP in AO is an option.  You can easily avoid PVP in AO.  If  you go into a PvP area in AO then you have 1 minute before anyone can attack you, which is more than enough time to get out of the area.  most of the PvP zones are in out of the way places.  So unless you are running a mission or you are going to the Temple of the Three Winds, you don't have to worry about it.  personally I don't PvP, never have never will.  Never been ganked, never been attacked in 3 years.

• SarnathSarnath Member Posts: 74
    So whether or not you can PvP is determined by what zone you are in?

• Veridian37Veridian37 Member Posts: 1
    I never quite understood the PVP part of AO, but many times I ran through an area and got the "1 minute warning" and nothing ever happened. Most players are in the Shadowlands, or Temple of 3 winds anyway.

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207

I played for a while and never got attacked by a player and I traveled around quite a bit. Most people were in shadowlands playing.

• AzzazzimonAzzazzimon Member UncommonPosts: 211

No need for a PvE server in AO

There are diffrent 'gas zones' in AO

0%= Can attack and attack anyone that are in your lvl range

25%= Can only attack people from other faction (and neutrals)

75%= Only PvM/vPvE

100% = Can't fight at all

Almost all zones are 75%.

Guilds own bases all over Rubi Ka and for 6 hours each day they are attackable, so gas change from 75% to 25%/0% during that time.

You can be in a 25%/0% zone for 1 min before anyone can attack you, so you can run through the whole base without problem before timer runs out, don't have to worry about being attacked.

If you attack a guard then you get PvP flagged for 15 min, and anyone can attack you during that time, so don't do that.

There are no forced PvP in AO, you always have the option to avoid PvP.

If your guild owns bases then you should ofcourse help them defend them, but it's your choice.

30 days free trial if you buy the game in store, just make sure you buy the game with Shadowlands expansion and not the basic game only, I often see them at same price.

-------------------------
    Azzazzimon

Azzazzimon

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by Sarnath

Also, I know there is a 7 day free trial but if you buy the game in the store do you get a 30 day free trial like most games?

Yes there is 7 day trial. However now there is also 3 Year Anniversary special offer: http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/downloads/specialoffer/

For all new players Funcom launches a 9.95 USD / EUR offer on the Deluxe version of Anarchy Online, while including free game time until the 1st of September 2004.

This means that new players avoid all subscription fees until the launch of Anarchy Online - Alien Invasion. This offer lasts until the 1st of August.

Start your PR filter now, some interesting PR statistics about Anarchy Online:

• More than 3 million characters have been created
    • More than 700.000 players have registered with a credit card
    • Over 2 million Anarchy Online clients have been distributed
    • The ARK volunteers and Funcom employees have answered over 1 million in-game petitions, in addition to emails. Customer service is important.
    • Anarchy Online covers 480.000.000 square meters of land, in addition to dynamic dungeons. That?s 5 billion square feet, or 185 square miles.
    • The depth and possibilities in Anarchy Online are immense. There are more than 4000 spells, more than 160,000 items and over 500 unique creatures with several thousands variations.
    • An average player spends 21 hours a week on Anarchy Online, or three hours a day.
    • 46% of the players in Anarchy Online play as Omni-Tek, 46% play as Clans and 8% are neutral. Over 85% of the players in Anarchy Online have played both sides.
    • The average age of a player in Anarchy Online is 27 years. 85% are male vs. 15% female. 40% of the characters are female! In general, each player can be seen as 50% achiever, 30% explorer, 15% PVP and 15% socializer.
    • An astounding amount of content has been added through free updates for active players, excluding retail expansion packs. No other MMO-game has delivered more subscription included content than Anarchy Online.
    • Funcom was the first MMOG publisher to offer a free tryout download. Since the launch of the 7 day free trial in 2001, hundreds of thousands of copies have been downloaded.
    • Anarchy Online has received more than 20 awards since launch, including "MMO of the year 2001" in PC gamer US, "Expansion pack of the year 2002" in Computer Gaming world and "Outstanding Achievement in Art direction 2003" at IGN's RPGvault. The average review score of Anarchy Online Shadowlands, the latest expansion pack, is 87 of 100 after some 70 reviews.

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• AximalAximal Member Posts: 2

azzazzimon

you forgot one pvp zone.. that is the 5% one. you can attack anyone that is not in your organistaion

• AzzazzimonAzzazzimon Member UncommonPosts: 211

Originally posted by Aximal

azzazzimon
    you forgot one pvp zone.. that is the 5% one. you can attack anyone that is not in your organistaion

Oops, forgot that one..:)

5%= Can attack everyone not in your organization, clanners/omnis 'never' attack same side anyway, so almost same as 25%, but you have to watch out for area damage since that will hurt own side(if they not in your org or in a team with atleast one from your org)

Azzazzimon

Azzazzimon