Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My system can play this?

13»

Comments

• LodenDSGLodenDSG Member Posts: 266
     outlaw

I suppose with a 64 bit OS he could address 8g ram though it would be a waste more so as Win 64 is . . . well suspect at best, and I somehow doubt he is running a linux/unix OS. The SLI boards more likely but still a waste, you do of course know there is an upper limit as to what a program will use, for example Diablo will still run the same no matter how much ram you have and how shiny the GPU it will still look the same and run the same as it does on a Win 2000 with 256 meg of PCI100. If you want to talk about an impressive rig talk about an efficient one not a big one, the only thing impressive about the spec you gave is that you would spend that much on something that will be a paper weight in 6m to a year.

All of that aside I should think any mid line system would be able to run AoC smoothly with reasonable settings. I run a simple cheep off the shelf Acer rig as my PC that I added a mid line graphics card to and bumped the ram to 3 gigs of the cheapest stick I could find and I can run any game out with reasonable results.

All game developers nay any one with half a brain is going to build for that target (the off the shelf mid line system) why you ask? that’s the bulk of the market so though AoC is vary shiny and I’m sure could make use of some honking rigs a mid line system should be able to run the game smooth with reasonable settings.