Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Key Give Away

AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Comments

• AnvirAnvir Member Posts: 131

The key I recived dont work, it just says invalid key in the application  

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Anvir

That's because those beta keys are for the stress test, which is over.

Originally posted by Zorvan

Well not according to "lepidus" a mod on Warcry but there seems to be some trouble with the keys he's going to look into it.

The date for the give away is beetwen 18 to 30 of Nov, rather late if it was for the stress test  

well well, we just have to wait and see no need to get the hopes up

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Well not according to "lepidus" a mod on Warcry but there seems to be some trouble with the keys he's going to look into it.

The date for the give away is beetwen 18 to 30 of Nov, rather late if it was for the stress test  

I'm just going by what the page says:

Pirates of the Burning Sea sets sail early next year, but in the meantime, Flying Lab Software and WarCry offer you the chance to sail those seas as part of their Stress Test. We have 500 Beta Keys to give away between now and November 30, 2007 for the game that lets you live the peg-legged life on land or at seas.

For more information on PotBS, check out Pirates of the Burning Sea WarCry and check back regularly for our reoccurring Q&As every other Monday and our weekly screenshots on Thursdays.

So, if "Lepidus" is right, they need to change the page.

I'm just going by what the page says:

Pirates of the Burning Sea sets sail early next year, but in the meantime, Flying Lab Software and WarCry offer you the chance to sail those seas as part of their Stress Test. We have 500 Beta Keys to give away between now and November 30, 2007 for the game that lets you live the peg-legged life on land or at seas.

For more information on PotBS, check out Pirates of the Burning Sea WarCry and check back regularly for our reoccurring Q&As every other Monday and our weekly screenshots on Thursdays.

So, if "Lepidus" is right, they need to change the page.

Bah it seems that you are right the pople at Warcry must have got it all wrong they thought it was beta keys for another stress test but it seems "as you said" was keys to the stress test that they already finished  

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

All in all I find this quite unsettling. First the obvious problems to deliver pre-order boxes (here in germany not even Amazon offers them!), and then this. Did you know all people in the stress test were taking into the regular beta now? If I knew that before I would have downloaded it in time, but I didnt, because I thought such a long download for a mere weekend would be overkill, so I feel doubly duped now. They really start to accumulate red flags, somehow. I feel a generous way to give out betas would a good deal to re-gain some of the lost trust.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Go into you're Station account and enter the key there  

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

Go into you're Station account and enter the key there  

Is that a joke? Why do I need a station account to beta? Oh this game is owned by SOE?

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

No, the game isn't owned by SoE.  But SoE is handling billing, marketing, distribution, pr... and is on Sony's Station pass.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by Shannia

No, the game isn't owned by SoE.  But SoE is handling billing, marketing, distribution, pr... and is on Sony's Station pass.

Lol he was just pretending to be that stupid.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Hello everyone,

You're getting this email because you grabbed a Pirates of the Burning Sea beta key off of WarCry.com earlier this week. Unfortunately, there was some confusion and the keys obviously did not work. We've been working with everyone involved and believe we have a workaround that should let everyone sail the Burning Seas over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Here is a letter from Flying Lab Software Community Manager Troy Hewitt that explains:

Fileplanet Stress Test Update!

We've had several reports of people who experienced some confusion as to the way FP keys work. In order to make up for that, we are inviting everyone with a Stress Test II key to join us as beta testers!

In order to be accepted into the Pirates of the Burning Sea beta, keyholders will need to log into the SOE Station (https://auth.platformpublishing.com/login?theme=potbs&service=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.burningsea.com%2Fpages%2Fpage.php%3FpageKey%3Dlogin) and apply their Fileplanet key by visiting this link (https://secure.station.sony.com/potbs/keyConsume/key_consume.vm).

Once you've submitted your key, you will need to visit this link (http://www.burningsea.com/page/migration) and follow the instructions to activate your beta account.

Questions or problems? We'll be happy to help you further via our Customer Support page! (http://support.flyinglab.com)

We apologize for the inconvenience, and welcome you aboard the Pirates of the Burning Sea beta!

Best,

Aether

Director, Community Relations

Flying Lab Software

Pirates of the Burning Sea

www.burningsea.com

I appreciate everyone's patience in this matter. Happy sailing.

Thats the mail I got, but my key works ok.

• SunderSunder Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by Elikal

All in all I find this quite unsettling. First the obvious problems to deliver pre-order boxes (here in germany not even Amazon offers them!), and then this. Did you know all people in the stress test were taking into the regular beta now? If I knew that before I would have downloaded it in time, but I didnt, because I thought such a long download for a mere weekend would be overkill, so I feel doubly duped now. They really start to accumulate red flags, somehow. I feel a generous way to give out betas would a good deal to re-gain some of the lost trust.

Just to be clear, did you get a ST key, but not download the client because it was only a weekend?  Or did you not even get a key because you thought it was not going to be worth it?  For clarity for everyone else, if you have the KEY, whether you activated it or not previously, you can activate it now by finishing the "long download" and be able to get into the Beta.  Some others got keys and did not find time in their weekend.  Some had difficulty with the download being corrupt, and others had other issues.  I am sorry you have a loss in trust for the company.  Their permitting people into the Beta was an honest attempt to rectify the difficulties that people had.  If anything, their taking what was supposed to be a weekend pass, and letting it be a longer term should endear you to the company, or at least add trust, rather than diminish it.

And for those asking about SOE's involvement in the company, since you need a station pass to sign up, no, SOE does not own or run the company FLS.  Sony wiull be handling the billing, since they have a solid billing system in place, and FLS does not want to have billing issues of other games, such as the recent boch job FSS (Not to be confused with FLS) had with Hellgate:London.  Seems a wise move to go with a tested billing system at least initially so as to avoid loss of customers that HG:L had.  That does not give SOE any rights to the game itself or its production however.  So for the SOE haters, please avoid too much unfounded flaming.  Thanks.  And good luck to all of you who did manage to get into the Beta.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

is there anyway I can get my key re-sent to me?ive lost it as i didnt think id need it anymore..still have the game installed though and activated my fileplanet key during stress test 2.

If you activated the key during ST2, it should still be active and functional.  I believe I read that they are automatically carrying over into Beta.  You should not have to enter it again, if you already activated it.  As for a way to get the key sent to you again... I will get back to you about that one.

Okay, to follow up.  If you got your stress test key from Fileplanet for Stress Test 2, you can retreive the key by logging into your Fileplanet account and looking in your "Beta Key Archive" where it should list all Beta keys you have been granted via fileplanet.  Hope that helps.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

This seems like a good idea from FLS to open up Beta a little, FLS seem like a good bunch of people and were probably as peeved about distribution as us and decided to give us all a break.

Thankyou FLS for giving a crap.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Zaraki199Zaraki199 Member Posts: 101

yep and yes by loggin into your soe account and applying the keys from warcry it allows the keys to work for now at least

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by Sunder

If you activated the key during ST2, it should still be active and functional.  I believe I read that they are automatically carrying over into Beta.  You should not have to enter it again, if you already activated it.  As for a way to get the key sent to you again... I will get back to you about that one.

yeah its still active in my sony account so i didnt have to re-enter a key to play.

• AndorhalAndorhal Member UncommonPosts: 73

As i said in the other post, if you were lucky enough to get into the stress test, your in the beta, you may get an invite anyway.

• murphys123murphys123 Member Posts: 216
    Originally posted by Elikal

I really dont understand your complaint here in regards to the beta. If you have a key and just didnt download the game you are set and can play in the beta now. If you didnt get a key in the first place, then you are not part of the group of people that are being addressed by this offer.