Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTR Crafting ???

Hello

Just a quick question??

I have a lvl 9 Elf Hunter and was wondering what would be a good profession

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Also anyone know what are the most populated servers

BLISS

Comments

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

EXPLORER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, pick that.  Do not dick around on go, screw that $200, proceed directly to crafter lady and tell her "make me an explorer Right Now!  You will get...

Tailor:  It's the best profession in the game for a tailor.  Tailor's make leather armor.  If you keep up with the recipes and keep your tailoring up to date, by the time your are 20 or so you will be making yourself armor that makes the majority of quest rewards look stupid.  If you keep up with tailoring, you can even craft yourself the second or third best set of epic armor in the entire game when you hit 47. 

Note: Check the AH for dropped recipes.  If you don't care about all the racial appearance options, just stick to "Breeland" this and that.  These tend to be the dropped recipes with the good stats (other dropped recipes such as eleven and dwarven are a mixture of duplicates of normal vendor recipes and the "rare recipes).

Forester: You can tan your own hides.  A must for a tailor.  You can also gather wood that you stumble across for extra cash. 

Prospector:  metal ingots are used by more production proffessions than any other resource.  You have no use for ingots, but they sell like hotcakes in the AH.  That means...Profit!

So in summary, if being able to easilly craft some of the best armor in the game, while being rich out of your skull apeals to you, go explorer.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• blisseverblissever Member Posts: 124

Hey Thanks for that nice input,

Someone told me woodsman was ok too.

What do you think

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by blissever

Hey Thanks for that nice input,
    Someone told me woodsman was ok too.
    What do you think
    Yeebo summed it up pretty well for you.

The other nice thing with Explorer is that even if you decide that crafting isn't for you.  You can still gather ores (and gems) and wood.  So, you'll never be wanting for money if you decide you just want the money instead of the materials.

However, as he said.  As a Tailor you can make a good number of very nice armors for yourself.  So, if you want to be self-sufficient you should be good to go.

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450

Explorer is nice. Metalsmith is really fun if you have the patience/money to gather ore and things like that.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I never really got into the crafting in any MMORPG. I have yet to see any crafting in any MMORPG that doesnt eentually just feel like yet another grind

Torrential

• SamMc247SamMc247 Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Czzarre

I never really got into the crafting in any MMORPG. I have yet to see any crafting in any MMORPG that doesnt eentually just feel like yet another grind
    What do you think crafting is? Crafting is an absolute grind that usually gives you player an advantage when you use that item. Ex; you kill a creature and it drops armor, which you then equip. Then you craft some armor, and it has better stats than the armor you picked up from the creature.

Jeez

Currently Playing: Guild Wars.
    Played:Guild Wars, Dungeon Runners, WoW, WC3, Starcraft, RuneScape, Wurm.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

I agree 100% with explorer

Even if you don't want to craft, all the wood, hides and metal which you can pick up, sells for nice money on the AH.  Believe me you will not have to worry about can I afford to spend 4+gold on a horse when you reach lvl 35.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Explorer is where the cash is at. It would make you your own armor as well.

It's LotRO though. 5 toons per server. I have a Jeweler, Scholar, metalsmith, armsman and Explorer. Only one is over 15 and 3 have tier 5 opened.  The Jeweler can make 50 Jewelry, the Metalsmith, also the only toon over 15 can make his own armor and Scholar making T5 potions. 

Still, your 'Main' should be an explorer. Because they can supply all your alts with anything they need.

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by free2play

Explorer is where the cash is at. It would make you your own armor as well.
    It's LotRO though. 5 toons per server. I have a Jeweler, Scholar, metalsmith, armsman and Explorer. Only one is over 15 and 3 have tier 5 opened.  The Jeweler can make 50 Jewelry, the Metalsmith, also the only toon over 15 can make his own armor and Scholar making T5 potions. 
    Still, your 'Main' should be an explorer. Because they can supply all your alts with anything they need.

Sweet mother of god.  That is some hardcore crafting.  I only  have one master among my toons.  Props man.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• blisseverblissever Member Posts: 124

Ok

I am goin to mainly be playing 2-3 char. A Hunter. Lore Master and Minstrel. I was goin to  do woodsman for hunter, explorer for lore master and scholor for mistrel

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Torrential

Yeh Civilization is also a grind. You need to grind to build big cities, and then grind new technologies, and then grind other nations to conquer them. And what about that huge grind in Pro Evolution Soccer, where you need to grind the players so they improve, to be able to score more goals when you grind opponents penalty area, or simply grind opponent players and turn off referee in the options.

And god what about that nasty grind in bars where you need to grind beers to get drunk and then grind good looking girls to luckily get one to your appartment so you can grind all night.

REALITY CHECK

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185
    Originally posted by Thillian

Torrential

Yeh Civilization is also a grind. You need to grind to build big cities, and then grind new technologies, and then grind other nations to conquer them. And what about that huge grind in Pro Evolution Soccer, where you need to grind the players so they improve, to be able to score more goals when you grind opponents penalty area, or simply grind opponent players and turn off referee in the options.

And god what about that nasty grind in bars where you need to grind beers to get drunk and then grind good looking girls to luckily get one to your appartment so you can grind all night.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and highlight in the thread you quoted a couple key words that might have been over-looked. 

• QuinguQuingu Member Posts: 400

Originally posted by blissever

Hello
    Just a quick question??
    I have a lvl 9 Elf Hunter and was wondering what would be a good profession
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Also anyone know what are the most populated servers

BLISS

start with explorer so you can gather alot of resources and later you can change to anything else you like.