Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting Fallout MMO news by Interplay.

Comments

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Interplay is so fucking retarded. In the pathetic state it is currently in, it has TWO MMOs in the works? Unbelievable. Jason Anderson must be really hard up on work.

Neither one of those games will see the light of day. MMOs need massive amounts of money, which Interplay does not have.

• rictor51rictor51 Member Posts: 24

I thought the team making fallout 3 that is not a part of interplay just got the rights for a fallout mmo. that bethesda (who has the current team now and making fallout3) just bought the rights for the fallout mmo. which mean interplay cant even call it fallout or anything close nor can use anything from the fallout games. plus they got someone who left Fallout 2 (which is probably one of the best games ever, imo) during making it to make troika. granted, Arcanum was a badass game but the business itself didnt do so hot. seems like interplay is still gonna be heading down in revenue. I used to love Interplay but ever since they got rid of Black Isle that it seems to go to crap.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    Originally posted by rictor51

I thought the team making fallout 3 that is not a part of interplay just got the rights for a fallout mmo. that bethesda (who has the current team now and making fallout3) just bought the rights for the fallout mmo. which mean interplay cant even call it fallout or anything close nor can use anything from the fallout games. plus they got someone who left Fallout 2 (which is probably one of the best games ever, imo) during making it to make troika. granted, Arcanum was a badass game but the business itself didnt do so hot. seems like interplay is still gonna be heading down in revenue. I used to love Interplay but ever since they got rid of Black Isle that it seems to go to crap.

ummm im pretty sure they still have the rights to a fallout mmo. I belive they were seeking a partner to give them money. Pretty sure bioware was in negotaion. And since EA bought bioware EA would have no problem funding it.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831

Originally posted by rictor51

Bethesda does own the Fallout license, but part of the deal  when they bought it from Interplay was that Interplay would get to keep the Fallout MMO license for a few years.  Bethesda gets it if Interplay can't come up with the funding.

This is really kind of shocking news.  I never expected Interplay to find funding for one MMO, let alone 2.  And I can't believe any of the former devs, let alone Jason Anderson, would ever go back to Interplay.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Originally posted by Lunchbox76

http://www.n4g.com/gaming/News-83237.aspx

/sigh

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742