Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Pros of Runescape

2»

Comments

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Llamster

Devilicious, do you honestly think that RuneScape is no longer endless now that generosity has been mostly removed and PvP is more limited? What about the skills, minigames and NPCs you mentioned?
    Yes, yes I do. After you have done all your skills,  done every quest, and made all the pixel gp you want in the game, killed every monster.. what is left? You can no longer share that wealth with other players , and with the very limited pvp what would be the point in playing?  Limiting Pvp instead of expanding pvp made it boring not more exciting. NPC's are not a good thing .. lmao.  The mini games become boring after you do them so many times, predictability is boring and the game has now become just that predictable.
    And did you read the dev journal they released about RWT? If Jagex had chose one of the other options and tried to ban them all, that would waste a lot of time and money, resulting in less updates and less customer support. Which is more important, generosity or updates+support?
    You actually believe you are going to get support? hahahaha We are talking about Jagex here... If you have had anyone from customer support actually address you , you would see why they think their automated responses are better. The customer support you do recieve is a rude and arrogant response. Generosity is the only reason for me to play the game so yea being able to help friends and family is more important to me. 
    The hidden posts and bans are partly your doing. From what I can tell by your posts here, you spend a lot more time flaming and lamenting the things that were lost due to this update than actually making suggestions on how to improve the game. Jagex has been a little stuck-up about this update, from what I've seen in the RSOF, but they certainly do listen to player feedback and use it to improve on this update and many others.
    Partly my doing? You see I did not start this fight, actually if you read farther back into my posts you will see that I was a supporter of Jagex and in game had many friends that were mods.  The posts they removed were not flaming , but suggestions to solve this problem and keep charity alive. they did not say that the thread was against forum rules, they did say that  "AT this time this is a topic  Jagex takes very seriously and is currently not allowed to be discussed in our forums and regretfully we must close this thread"  there was nothing offensive in the threads. The topic was about things that could stop rw item traders without ruining gameplay. For those that were lucky to have viewed and posted prior to them being deleted knew there were many more options.  They wanted to cover up and remove anything that suggested other options prior to the updates being announced and that is what really upset the players the most.  They did not want their players to become aware of the other options prior to the updates because they wanted to make people believe that was their only choice. There were more options suggested other than hard drive banning , but that was my personal favorite. Because it would stop much more than just the rw item traders and it is inexpensive and easy to do.  They are now willing to listen to player feedback after the massive member walk out, not before it happened. But from my previous expieriance with the way they handle things, they will say whatever to calm people down and then do as little as possible.. it is just the way things have always been with them when it comes to them.
    The community is still here. There are about 160,000 players logged on right now, almost as much as before the update.
    Yes, even I have been playing ....I am blowing it all on barrages until members runs out.. Yes alot of people are still playing out their memberships, but not renewing them, they are saying good bye to friends and giving away / dropping all their items, I am sure you have not been blind to the 175m drops in the party room of recent days. The best way to make $ on runescape for now is hanging out in the party room  and watch while all the high levels and clans drop all their stuff in the chest. Do you think they would be doing this if they planned on comming back? lmao.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Llamster

Updates: RuneScape is a small game run by a big company (Jagex).

Wrong way round.

?