Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To all you 'old vets'

wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

I love watching people who played this game 8 years ago constantly post about how this game is "dead".  I have played this game for 10 years, and I'm having more fun than i've ever had.  I was not happy with a lot of the updates that have come along the way.  I hated it when trammel came out. I hated it when my 100 resist spells sucked.  I hated it when the game became Item based.  I suggest to anyone who played this game back then who hated all these changes to give it another chance.  You'll find that this game is a blast.  If you're all about fel and pvp...well then live in fel, and pvp.  There is plenty of it still going on.  People fight over spawns all the time.  There is so much to do, so many events that go on that are fun, in fel too.  stop writting about your memories of what this game used to be, and get back into it.  I'd read more of your posts about how bad this game is, but i'm too busy enjoying it.  I finally decided to log out and take 20 min to post here instead of playing (which is why i barely have a post count)...well, i'm back to the game.

Comments

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

I guess its like being in a bad relationship. You want it to work out and stay in it so hard you are willing to put up with almost anything. I found myself going back to try UO out a few times but every time I went back they changed the game and it was less like Ultima every time. This new Kingdom Reborn might be good but its just better graphics, its not really a kingdom reborn.

Its interesting how people reacted on the stratics forums over the years. When the split first came up there was pretty strong opposition to it in Spiel N Rants. Then after the split people calmed down some. Many people didnt stick around to complain and protest, they just quit. Now you have people still constantly complaining in the U Hall about things they want changed, even though EA has spoiled everyone with item insurance, the world split, etc... I guess some people are never satisfied. Ultima Online isn't really Ultima anymore. Its a cross between MapleStory, Diablo, and Runescape with random classes added in.

When I look back to when I quit I'm glad I left when I did instead of forcing myself to like a game I know had changed too much for me personally. I cherish the times and memories I had with friends when the game still had a strong Ultima lore feeling to it. Even if they brought back a classis server I probably wouldn't play, some things you just can't bring back no matter how hard you try. Sometimes its best to just let it be and move on.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

What shard do you play, what event can I visit?

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

Chesapeake...Check out magincia for the current invasion that's going on.  Also, any of the old Dungeons in brit for 10th anniversary Item drops.

• zenthias_rpgzenthias_rpg Member Posts: 30

Who are you trying to convince?

UO's a wreck, go play another game and quit crying.

Originally posted by wrekognize

Chesapeake...Check out magincia for the current invasion that's going on.  Also, any of the old Dungeons in brit for 10th anniversary Item drops.

Those are not really 'events' and I have done or do both. Those things are something I expect any mmorpg game to have, as there always needs to be something to do for the customer base anyways.

And the 10 anniversary item drops will stay indefinitely anyway and that is finally a good idea from EA.

But if you do a nice rp storyline then I might drop by to see what other people come up with.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

zenthias, the only people I see crying these days, are the 'old vets' who can't take change.  They gave up without giving the change a real chance.  I stuck with it, and have found that the changes are really enjoyable.

Obii, I've not heard of any event in a mmo where one of it's towns can be destroyed by an invasion, and its outcome is determined by the people who attempt to save it.   Possible, but i've not heard of this in another game.  Seems like pretty decent event to me.  Continues to change throughout...

Peace

Shadowbane had/has destroyable towns.

And we can only pray they do not pull another 'Trinsic' on us where close before serverdown dozens of people guarded the gates from the hordes and after serverup the battle was lost.

• BulveighBulveigh Member UncommonPosts: 39

UO is not dead.. its just not that what it was meant to be..

UO was a Medival mmo without epic stuff and glowing armors.

I miss the times where i go to the britan blacksmith giving one of the dozend players who stay there my NON magic weapon to repair it...