Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you have never played eq before and know alot about wow.

kleenexkleenex Member Posts: 3

Some ppl in like me never played eq before and know alot if not everything about warcraft , so its kinda easier to start playing wow then eq2 because in eq2 we wont know WTF to but it wow we might catch on to sum things. what do u think is that true or should we start EQ2 ::::37::::::37::::::37::::::37::::::37::

Comments

• GaurdianKingGaurdianKing Member Posts: 338
    I have to say I would feel more confident about wow as well asd alot of my friends have chosen it over eq2. That is the second reson  am playing, I will know alot more people in the wow world then eq2.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

Yeha I can see where your coming from but seriously....if you have not read anything........EQ2 will be easy for all new comers to the Eq Franchise........but see if you feel more comfy playing WoW then do it.......I mean no one here is saying you have to play EQ2...............

But me personally I am gonna play both because.....me and a friend are gonnaplay WoW and we are gonna be making our own guild.......so thats why I am gonna be playing WoW and because there are a few thigns in it that I knwo about that I liked.....

Like the multi-rewards for quest...well you pick from a multiple choice of rewards........and like all the differ mounts...you know the race specific mounts......andall that stuff....I haven't read much into Eq2 yet but I am on it......

Uilwen

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura
    ---------------------------------------------

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    I thnk the best and only way to answer this question would be for you hit up EverQuest2's homepage.  That way you know without doubt that the choice made was the right one!

EverQuest2!

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    I bought EQ a few months back. The game was so damn confusing and un-newbie friendly I quit after a week. I had no clue what I was doing in that game. Plus, the community I was interacting with were real bratty. It was like playing a game with a bunch of rich kids image

Umm, main reson I did not playy eq was because my friend who played for a long time left the game saying he could not take peoples annoying behaviour, as I am a very out there person with very strong ideals, I did not think I would be welcomed in the game. So I disided to simply wait for wow. Plus, I am going to play eq2, just off his computer as he says he like the game, just not the people, so he was hoping they would have changed all that next time round. Umm.. But I will be mainly playing and owning wow.image

Ow yea, I have rtead the story line and it is not intergrated into the gameplay very much so, it is preaty much do what ever you want to like they say. You wana be a smith, be a smith, just work up the points and learn it and so on. I really like the laungauge system in wow, that will be fun, a sense of comradery comes over me when I think I will be joining an army of thousands against the horde. HEHEHEHE. Alliance guild....

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by GaurdianKing

as he says he like the game, just not the people, so he was hoping they would have changed all that next time round.

That would be wicked awesome... If they released a patch that improved the quality of the players in the game. image

Maybe they'd change the graphic so that they were way distorted and blury, so that everyone would think they're drunk and thus become more sociable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

You dont have to know anything about EQ to get into EQ2.  THe games are totally different.  Similar storyline is the only similarity.  EQ2's gameplay is very different from EQ.  It doesnt matter if you know anything or everything about Warcraft either, WoW is an MMORPG not an RTS.  Having alot of Warcraft WC2 or WC3 experience will make you familiar with the storyline but thats it.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

Umm, you are very right there, but then we will know where to go and who the enemy is. That is my main thing, go after the horde my brothers and sisters. Yahhh!. LOL!

As for the fix on players, he says he is hoping that the new game will bring better mannered gameplayers to the game, you know. Because of the game play differences, he hope people will behave better.

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Uh the Horde isnt the enemy are they?  I thought they were PC's.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

LOL!, sorry you get to chose which side you are on, you can eithier go out and kill mobs and complete the quests, but you can take enemy towns and cities. Enemy depends on which side you are on, if your alliance, you become a certain race and fight the opocing forces which would be the races people play being horde.