Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

second life newbe questions..thanks

sarasarasarasara Member Posts: 1

Hi All,

I would be grateful if you could answer a couple of questions for me ? Thanks!

How do I make my avatar in second life reflect my age? My avatar is much too young.

In my profile my age is wrong, it is not the age I gave, they have me as a few days old! I cant seem to change the profile.

How do I tie my hair back?

I see that 2nd life uses Paypal. I have never been able to get Paypal to work and so want to pay by debit card.  Is this possible?

Thanks for your kind assistance,

regards,

Sara.

Comments

• KooseKoose Member Posts: 2

"How do I make my avatar in second life reflect my age? My avatar is much too young."

You will need some PS skills for this, or you will need to contact a skin designer in game. Just go to your search button in world and use the key word skin, surf thru and look for the custom designers. If you decide you want to give it a try yourself there are patterns available.

"In my profile my age is wrong, it is not the age I gave, they have me as a few days old! I cant seem to change the profile."

That is actually the age of your character, not your real life age, that will always stay the same. If you would like to displlay RL information about yourself use the edit profile option and type in what you would like to be shown under your avatars picture, or click on the real life tab and put your RL pic and info there.

"How do I tie my hair back?"

There are some creators in Second Life that make hair with style options, where you would click on your hair to change to a different look. Most people just use multiple outfits and hair in the appearance tab.

"I see that 2nd life uses Paypal. I have never been able to get Paypal to work and so want to pay by debit card.  Is this possible?"

Yes, when you change to premium status you will be able to use a debit card, there will be a selection of options you can choose. Paypal is mostly used by the people in game that transfer money out into real life.

Feel free to stop in Koose's Kustom Choppers , if I'm in world I'll be glad to help you out.

• RoseMackieRoseMackie Member Posts: 7

Greetings

*How do I make my avatar in second life reflect my age? My avatar is much too young.*

In APPEARANCE>BODY use the slider bars to add a bit of weight to your face and neck.

In APPEARANCE>SKIN use the Face Detail to add "wrinkles". This only works if your skin is modifiable.

*In my profile my age is wrong*

The age in your PROFILE reflects how long you have been in Second Life, not first life. If you want to let people know your age, use the 1ST LIFE tab in PROFILE.

*How do I tie my hair back?*

You can purchase hair in a tied-back style or you can adjust your hair in APPEARANCE>HAIR>STYLE.

*pay by debit card.  Is this possible?*

Yes, you can change your payment information for your Account at the Second Life website. http://secondlife.com/

I am an in-world Second Life mentor. If you will IM me in-world, I will be happy to help you get used to Second Life.

Rose Mackie

• doomslaughtdoomslaught Member Posts: 2

I want to know wether Second life will set the Guild bank in which you can take things which belong to your guild partners.