Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions before I consider my return

DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Hi all, I played this game years ago when it first came out and then quit for FFXI (which we then skipped after purchasing) and went to WoW. I've been playing WoW since March '04 on and off, mainly on, and even though I still have yet to reach 70, I'm getting tired gradually.

I have been keeping tabs on EQ2 over the past three years, returning briefly (a week or so) back after the Fae expansion came out, and now considering it again just because I absolutely love how much there is to this game (my favorite part was always crafting).

I have some questions maybe someone can help me with.

1. I'm pretty sure I'd like to be on a PVP server (thats what I'm on on WoW) is it close to WoW standards the way the PVP works on a PVP server? I'm not adverse to being on an RP server, because I also like to RP.

1a. What are the most populated servers for both PVP and RP?

2. I'm building a new computer this Christmas (my current one was built in '03) and I'm getting a lot of the latest and greatest. The things I know for sure that I am upgrading are my processor, ram and graphics card. So my question for you is with the following upgrades, will I be able to run this game above "Medium" as I currently have to (or lower).

- Nividia 8800xt (I think thats it) 512MB

- AMD 64 Dual Core 3.0 ghz (I also think thats it)

- 2G RAM

Thats all I remember off the top of my head about my new specs, and they may not be 100% accurate (my boyfriend picked out the parts...)

Well thats all the questions I have for now, I'm installing the trial currently. :)

Thanks for any answers!

EDIT: Also a friend of mine (who cant afford the new compilation coming out - yet) wants to know if you can dl the game online if you have an account, because he lost the discs, but he has an account. Any idea?

Comments

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

pvp in eq2 works quite a bit different to wow. its open world pvp with level limits and limited looting of enemies.  out in the world you can attack enemies within your level range, and  that range depends on zone, in low level areas its a few levels below or above in high level areas its unlimited.

when you kill an enemy within your range he will drop a part of the money that he carries around w and sometimes an item from his inventory that is not attuned (like soulbound) and you can loot these. if you get killed by another player you will loose a part of the money on you and maybe an item.

Starting on a pvp server can be a bit painfull cause of top equipped twinks which often stay in the lvl 10-20 range just to farm for faction points...

I am not that experienced with the tech part but i guess that should handle eq2 well.

you can get the eq2 installer on official homepage (http://www.everquest2.com/), it will install the launchpad on your harddisk which will download the game (but i think you have to have an active account to log in before it starts downloading). also expect a huge download cause the game uses about 8.5gb on my harddisk.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Thanks so much for the reply! We've decided to go to Antonia Bayle instead, so that may ease a bit of it. :)

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

Welcome back to the game and to AB!

user