Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I like it. (edit... I don't like it)

ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

There is a lot to like about this game.     The things that bother me are tempered by the fact that I haven't paid a single dime to play this game.  

If you are even curious about this game, there is really no reason not to try it.    My only suggestion is that you commit yourself to playing at least to the mid 20's.

Additional notes added 11-10-07

I'm not a big fan of PvP but the way they have handled it in this game seems very practical.   You gain a shield that buffers your main hit points.   This Shield is only used in PvP (not PvE).   This gives you a lot more time should someone attack you while your health is low (They can't just come up and one shot you after you have been beaten silly by a mob).    Additionally,  any player attacking you will not be able to use any special powers against you unless you attack back.   So you can opt to run and he'll have only his basic attack.   Also, "Pk'ers" suffer some consequences (similar to that in Lineage 2) where your name turns red.   This put s you in danger from anyone who can now attack you without penalty.   Also the Pk'er, won't be able to use NPC's , Portals, and enter towns without being attacked by gaurds until he has returned to "normal" status.   If the Pk'er dies he has to spend time in the prison before being let out.   This keeps some order in the game world, but allows for just enough chaos to make it really exciting.

All in all an excellent handling of the PvP in my opinion.

As for the PvE... It is very fast paced.   The zones aren't as well thought out as say Everquest II's newer zones, nor are they as beautiful.   The character models are simplistic and there is absolutely no character customization.    Also, also you cannot choose gender.   Warriors are male, Knights... male, Hunters... female, etc.   Lots of blood and gore (which I've enjoyed) as well as foul language in NPC dialogue and such (This is an "M" rated game).  

I feel the Armor sets, especially the Bagi Warriors, are breath taking.  

There is no crafting as such, but you can improve items in numerous ways.   So far, I find this a bit refreshing, as I'm not getting overwhelmed with things to do.  

This game is mostly about action (blood and gore) and PvP. 

I believe later lvl's participate in some kind of siege(s) and also Guilds can be at war w/ each other.  

I live in Alaska, and the performance of the game has been excellent.   My pings usually hover around the 114 milisecond area...ocasionally  moving into the 300 ms range.  

I have 5 year old dell pc with a 3.0 gig p4 northwood, 1 gig of ram with an Nvidea 7800 GS 256 mb (agp) graphics card and the frame rates are fine.

I wouldn't be suprised to find out that this is the same engine as Lineage 2.

Anyways... as a free game I give this a solid thumbs up.

Comments

• lezardvlezardv Member UncommonPosts: 17
    You forgot the magic word:

GRIND
  • pxoxyxpxoxyx Member Posts: 3

Well you forgot to add the in-game Mp3 player.

• kola_666kola_666 Member UncommonPosts: 42

I think that you must try the game and then decide..."if you like it you play it".

That's the golden RULE.

PS:The game is still BETA so.....only the time will tell.

• lezardvlezardv Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by pxoxyx

Well you forgot to add the in-game Mp3 player.

Well, it's supposed to be fun and it isn't.
  • chico84chico84 Member Posts: 1

2moons will be the best MMoRPG out there,right now its in beta and still rockZ! 

Give it a try you will like it

• starfox45634starfox45634 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by lezardv

You forgot the magic word: GRIND

grind? i never had to grind so far in this game.

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by starfox45634

Originally posted by lezardv

You forgot the magic word: GRIND

grind? i never had to grind so far in this game.

Erm...Thats maybe because your lvl 1-3?

Personally I found a good amount of grind in this one.

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

After 55 and 1/3 levels I must retract my recommendation.

I've not felt this let down since the character creation screen on Vangaurd Saga of Heroes popped into my view.

I don't like it.   In fact I now hate this game.   It is so lazy and poorly done that I'm embarrassed to have devoted so much time to it.  

Free or not this games sucks*

*my opinion of course.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

I found the game fun, but once you get mid 50's+ you start to really feel the grind. Even with it, I still find it fun. I just play it as a game to pick up once every other time.

• kola_666kola_666 Member UncommonPosts: 42

I like this game...I'm lv.8x now and I like it even more.The game is still beta and much must to be done but....Dead Front is on...,Siege Battle will come soon..some new maps(with >110 Lv. monsters),new armors/weapons/quests....and so on ..So if you like the game play it...if not you loose...You must see this:

http://www.dekaron.co.kr/guide/areainfo/menu_05_03.asp

......the last two maps