Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the future MMORPGS are going to look like?

kptonekptone Member Posts: 137

This topic is about the MMORPGS in the future.

The meer fact that there has been an MMORPG made after every little thing i wonder whats gonna happen in the future when they run out of ideas. I think companies should not make this many MMORPGS when they know only the major ones are gonna actualy have ppl playing on them like WoW and EQ2. If they do that most of their ideas could be saved for the future in making a stunning new MMORPG world that ppl havent experienced before.

Comments

• Neo-PhoenixNeo-Phoenix Member Posts: 60

I agree the developer are currently flooding the market with mmorpgs and unlike "normal games" most people only play one mmorpg because they have to pay the monthly  fee and an mmorpg takes allot of more time than  other kinds of games.

• GaurdianKingGaurdianKing Member Posts: 338
    ummm.. like movies there is only so much that you can write and show. However the shift in tech, here ate Reading University the profesors are trying the new haptic system and brain wave interface stuff and it looks preaty cool, so far they can only mimic a simple shape on one fingure but I hope that the full bodied version comes out in my life time.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image

• kptonekptone Member Posts: 137
    yeh no doubth that would be cool, but i doubth that will be made for another 7 if not more years but untill than im sure EQ2 will be kind of old and WoW will be gone.... So what will be the next generation...

• rpgownagerpgownage Member Posts: 48
    I think the systems , graphics and gameplay are almost capped.. Im not sure they can get any better.. I guess new stories races/classes etc. , Oh and its mere i thinkimage

Down with the nerds that call people nerds cause they lose ^^

"Stare at the Sun Im bored"

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

Lol!!! You guys are crazy! First off, they will never, and I do mean never run out of ideas. Why you ask?... well mainly because everyone and there brother has this great new inovative idea that can be applied to almost anything, that pertains to stories as well. If you ask any lead developer of a game company or any developer for a game company and they will tell you that they are constantly showered with questions like "I want to become a game designer how do I get started?" and as well; "I have this great idea for a game, how can I get the chance to pitch it to you guys or get a team to start developing it?". First problem with these questions is that one, there is no "game designer" persay, they dont higher people to create ideas because to tell you the truth they probably have way to many ideas waiting in line and as well most of the dev teams probably have some ideas of there own as it is. If you want to read an article that addresses some of these things as well as getting a job in the game industry goto this Link. It was writin by Kenn Hoekstra, Project administrator at Ravensoft.

Also, do you really think that graphics, gameplay and systems are actually almost capped? are you serious? If that is true then the future of gameing is truely bleak. I believe there are many many ways thing could be improved and there are many ideas that havent even been tried as well some that havn't even been considered... or thought of for that matter! Have some hope people!!!

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

• GaurdianKingGaurdianKing Member Posts: 338
    I would have to disagree, if you look at most or all the current games out, they are just seqaules to the last one. Also mmorpg's are not adsactly very different, always set long ago in the past after a great war and a new treat browes. And even then they stick to creatures in the book. If they are going to write about something different then they will have to reinvent the whole fantasy world, same for sci-fi. There are inly somany possible paths you can take to make a playabl game.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image