Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Caribbean Online - F2P

OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

Just wanted you guys in here know that there is a PotC MMORPG out there, that's F2P

Here

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

Comments

• NeeAnderTallNeeAnderTall Member Posts: 79

Okay Thanks Orca. Now that this is the only Thread I can find with this title, lets proceed to open the forum to those who play tested the game and have something to report about it.

Here is my play test report of Disney's Pirates of the Carribean MMO.

1. Reminds me of my PS2 game Pirates - The Legend of Black Kat, only with more people to play/chat with.

2. Graphics isn't it's strong suit.  Lag was an issue in some areas. You initiate combat. The server acknowledges the challenge to the mob. The mob eventually faces your avatar and combat begins, and takes as long as I took to describe it here.  Take time to learn how to mash your mouse's buttons to maximize your damage on combo hits.

3. Small Client download. It seemed as soon as I registered my free account I was playing almost imediately. You get to make two avatars on a 7 day free trial limited access account. 4 Avatars total per full access account. Since there really is only one faction you can play....four should be enough.

4. If you play for free, you grind at 40% of the earned experience. You will see earned x amount of points (lost y amount) after each kill reinforcing the fact that maybe you should pay up.  Highest level avatar I seen in this predicament was level 14 notoriety. Most players will buy in their 1st month soon after reaching level 5 at a current price of $5 the 1st month. This act will turn your avatar's name from grey to blue.

5. Sound effects are accurate but dont exhibit a sense of distance yet. Nearby players making noise sound like they are standing next to you.

6. Looking at the release notes, the dev team is fixing alot of issues. This could mean a long term commitment on Disney's part with their game.

7. Character generation is above average for its complexity, but again, they kept their graphics as simple as possible without going too far towards Toonland. You can have your barmaid vixxens, strapping tough looking Pirate deck hands, Midget sized if you want, and a wide choice of begginer cloths. Your cutlass and pistol are issued to you by the main characters from the movies.

8. You die, you wake up later in a jail cell. Hit shift to break out. The guard will never wake up.

9. Annoy your friends by teleporting to them, no matter where they are and if they are trying to hide from you.

10. Solo seamanship is possible. If you use (risk) your own ship in a crew (group) while at sea you get a larger share of the plunder gained from sinking Navy and East Indies Trading Company ships. If you are just a crewman you can do either manning the helm or taking a cannon position. If you find you are an "extra" onboard with nothing to do, hope they grapple an adversary, and board it so you can assist in fighting the crew npc's on the other ship. I was an extra, and became the sole survivor afterwards, had to pilot the ship to shore myself.

11. The crew can only share in plunder if the ship makes it back to a port. Remind the Cap'n if his hold is full to return to shore to maximize your profiteering.

12. Avatar accessories. Weapons, cloths, jewelry and tattoos didn't state their specs in the stores in port if they had any effect on damage and other stats most gamers come to depend upon for confirmation and justification for spending the gold on the item. Without these specs for things like jewelry and tattoos, I would find it hard to reason with their expense just to make my avatar resemble Jack Sparrow's Father as the ultimate pinnacle of a sea terrorist. Who knows better than a person with a full access account? Maybe they see the specs where as a limited account wouldn't. I dont know yet.

13. Overall, this was a nice diversion for a while. I would give it an score of 7 out of 10 due to average graphics, sound and lag issues. 

14. One thing I liked seeing the higher level players could have...Lightning cannon balls. Nice sound effect and seeing the tall masted ship take a direct lightning strike. That is as close to realism I can think of being at sea on one of these ships although in nature it would be a rare occurance.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

You do know that PotC is on the gamelist...

• Fury1987Fury1987 Member Posts: 6

Its a 7 day trial yes...