Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some questions

Hello all.

I till have to try this game so i would like to know some more info about this gamebefore starting it.

1) the pvp in this game is everywhere and against every one ( olso your "firends" ) or the pvp is just like in wow inside a gamearena ,and if it outside is just against the enemies ?

2)whene you loose in a pvp battle you loose some of your items that can be picked up by your enemie, or you dont loose anithing like in WOW?

3)the stile of combat is like Wow where you have to select a player and then open fire on it with the weapons oyou got? or the stile of combat is like "unreal tournament" where is up to your quality if you are able to hit your enemies or you arent.

4) there is something to conquest with the pvp system? for exemple a fortress that could give only to the owner of it some bonuses ?

5)the items inside the games are all constructed from players or you just go inside an istance and you loot a rare that is 10 time better then everything you built?

6)can you built your house , and personalize it?

7)how many players , this game, got at the moment?

8)is just one big region or you have to syncronize every time you pass from a Zone to the next one?

9)In wow whene you get inisde an istance you will never find someone else inside it , as every time you get inside an istance is "your" istance. In other game the istance is one for all and you have to fight olso with the other players to be able to finish the istance .Wich tipe of mmoprg is this?

10) whene you make a team there is a max number of players that can be inisde the a team?

11)there are veicles that can bring more then 1 player? there are flying veicles?there is a fastest way to move in the game instead using veicles?

12)there are futuristic towns to visit?

13)can you personalize how the point of the skill are setted? or is like in wow where the points are gived every lvl without being able to place the points as you prefer?

i just thank you for every one that will find the time to answer to all those questions. If instead you are asking why i had in mind all those questions is becouse i played Wow but before it i played for 4 years Neocron (mmorpg) and i loved it. The only problem was the few playing players that after sometime killed the game.

Comments

• WarddenWardden Member Posts: 119

Not being rude, just wondering why this same post is being spammed through multiple rooms?

their is a LFGame thread in the general discussion forum if that helps.

• oby1skyoby1sky Member Posts: 40

i wasnt thinking tha the forum was the some for every game.

I was thinking that the forum was different for each game so i copied the letter for every game i needed the answer of. Im sorry for the spam but i didnt know i was doing spam.

• TheRagTheRag Member Posts: 17

1. Anyone can kill anyone, anywhere. If you are good enough. If you suck, you die. If you want to shoot your friends, go ahead. Just don't be surprised if they shoot you back.

2. When you lose, and your space ship goes boom, you lose everything. It's a space ship. It's in space.

3. Combat is anywhere someone shoots you. Any sector, anytime.

4. You get to hear the person you killed squeal.

5. There are no instances in JumpGate. It's all the same space for everyone. Items can be built by the stations, or by the players.

6. You can't build a house in space, but you can build a station.

7. Never bothered to count them.

8. There are sectors, but everyone uses the same sectors.

9. JumpGate does not have instances.

10. Squads can have as many people as you wish. As for groups that share experience, only two.

11. All ships are single pilot ships. Are there flying vehicles? Did you read anything about this game? It's space based ship to ship combat. The fastest way to move is to let someone blow up your ship. The escape pod is the fastest thing in the game.

12. Again, space game. There are space stations.

13. What points? This is a skill based game. Your player gets levels that allow it to buy better ships, and better gear. Your skill will determine how good you are. As I said before, if you suck, then you will die.

• Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120

I've got a couple quick questions to ask:

1. Will controlling the ship be mouse based, or joy-stick based? I played the demo for Infinite-Online and liked the mouse based controls a lot.
    2. Is fuel required for the ships?
  • raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

Originally posted by Sieges

Will controlling the ship be mouse based, or joy-stick based? I played the demo for Infinite-Online and liked the mouse based controls a lot.

"One of the things we became aware of when analyzing the pattern of player acquisition was that the vast, and I mean overwhelmingly vast, majority of people checking out Jumpgate did not own a joystick, and the perceived need for one was seen by them as a reason to not play the game. As a result, Jumpgate attracted a following mostly composed of people who already liked flight simulators. JGE will be much more friendly to keyboard and mouse players than JGC is, but we believe joystick support is an absolute necessity. Several members of the team vastly prefer joystick mode, so there should be no fear that joysticks will be neglected. We intend good support for both input modes."

Source.

• Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by raykor

Originally posted by Sieges

Will controlling the ship be mouse based, or joy-stick based? I played the demo for Infinite-Online and liked the mouse based controls a lot.

"One of the things we became aware of when analyzing the pattern of player acquisition was that the vast, and I mean overwhelmingly vast, majority of people checking out Jumpgate did not own a joystick, and the perceived need for one was seen by them as a reason to not play the game. As a result, Jumpgate attracted a following mostly composed of people who already liked flight simulators. JGE will be much more friendly to keyboard and mouse players than JGC is, but we believe joystick support is an absolute necessity. Several members of the team vastly prefer joystick mode, so there should be no fear that joysticks will be neglected. We intend good support for both input modes."

Source.

Thank you for the link.