Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What a disaster

Comments

• Originally posted by Ruthgar

During the  launch week of WoW, my server not only had constant lag issues, but we had frequent rollbacks for a few days. I would not classify it as smooth. LOTRO was very smooth.

I got a free 2 months of play due to the WoW launch. I enjoyed the free time, but yeah it was an absolute failure of a launch.

So far HG:L has been superb. They took down the servers for 2 hours to update the content to be allowable for everyone due to a billing issue with credit cards and subscriptions, and has been great since.

Hopefully a 2 hours patch didn't turn anyone off because I loved making my zombot =)

• SophistSophist Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by ethion

If you can't understand it then vote with your dollars and return the software and move on.

I don't know of one store that allows you to return Software so that point is null and void so he does have a reason to be a bit upset due to the fact that he can not move on as he no longer has the 50 buck to move on with.

"The most important thing is to have the design support the players in setting their own goals in both cooperative and competitive interaction with one another." - Ironore -

• blaamblaam Member Posts: 111

Originally posted by Rayana

Originally posted by xIaOBaKa

Could be another vanguard in the making.
    You probably mean: they didn't make Vanguard :D

Hellgate runs just fine. It had a few hitches the first day, but it's far from a 'disaster'.

lucky you

so far i got stucked   10 times in liek 4 hours gaming.. forcing me to restart the game and therefore redo the area again

disconnected from server  a douzain of times ( and nope its not  my conenction). Again  back to the "town" very funny when you jsut went though 2 zones and its happen right before you are about to open a new  station.

its defenitly a disaster for the online part of the game.. honnestly it couldnt have been worse. guess the other half of the diablo team, the one that KNOWS how to handle the servers went to Arena net ?

i wanted to give them a chance even with their subscription crap but i guess i was wrong.. maybe i ll try in a few monthes .

• DeminizDeminiz Member UncommonPosts: 30

i don't even play HGL and i want you to stop bitching, damn WoW had a very shaky start but it turned out great!

• Originally posted by blaam

so far i got stucked   10 times in liek 4 hours gaming.. forcing me to restart the game and therefore redo the area again

Well, first off if you are crashing that frequently get a new computer because they fixed the memory leak issue with DX10. If the game is closing on you it is your computer now, if connection to server hiccups you may get disconnected call you cable/dsl company.

As for being "stucked" which doesn't exist stuck although is. Try typing /stuck next time and then watch the miracle of the game do its command for just such "stucked" occasions.

• Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by blaam

Well, first off if you are crashing that frequently get a new computer because they fixed the memory leak issue with DX10. If the game is closing on you it is your computer now, if connection to server hiccups you may get disconnected call you cable/dsl company.

As for being "stucked" which doesn't exist stuck although is. Try typing /stuck next time and then watch the miracle of the game do its command for just such "stucked" occasions.

Just for some information, I also am crashing often, around once every hour to hour and a half (using dx9 because apparently my one year old computer sucks :P).  So I'd have to say the issue is real, and aggitating if in an instance or party, as if you crash the instance resets and the party gets disbanded.  Hopefully, this issue will be resolved at a later date, and hopefully they can figure out a way to get you back in the instance if crashes occur.  Given modern MMOs like wow, the inability to crash and get back to the instance you were in is unfortunately substandard.  I like the game, but we have to make sure we help it to reach the appropriate interface and performance levels for today.

• EstrusEstrus Member Posts: 357

With over 10 hours logged (thanks Xfire!) I've gotten stuck ONCE.  hit /stuck and it was fine.

I've had i'd say about 4 crash to desktops.  All in all, none of this really bothers me at all, considering in still the same week as release.  Not sure if it's just my patience with new mmos or what.

Now, I can see the frustrations when one is in a party, but all together I personally have no complaints.

• blaamblaam Member Posts: 111

Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by blaam

yep right, my computer is running crisis at high details.. come up with something else

and no memory leak havent been fixed at all.. just reduced.

/stuck doesnt work mr smart ass

instead of making stupid jokes about bad english try to come up with constructive coments instead.

• Originally posted by blaam

yep right, my computer is running crisis at high details.. come up with something else

and no memory leak havent been fixed at all.. just reduced.
    /stuck doesnt work mr smart ass
    instead of making stupid jokes about bad english try to come up with constructive coments instead.

/stuck works beautifully.  Of course I'd prefer to never have to use it, but I've used it will success many times.  This is one part of the game that is very solid.

• Wow4LiferWow4Lifer Member Posts: 255

There are some problems but comparing it to VG is an atrocious exageration. I currently play both, and VG is still way more buggier than this game nearly half a year after launch. Lets be objective please.

• xIaOBaKaxIaOBaKa Member Posts: 14

For my server patch 0 hasnt even been implemented. Buddy list is bugged. Portals are bugged and hell load of other crap

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

I've been playing it till char level 10 (got it today...) I haven't noticed any serious bugs so far. My weapons gfx disappeared for a while but they came back when i passed through a portal, and the jumping mobs died about a meter above the ground in about 1% of the cases, but they were still perfectly lootable.  What disaster?!

I haven't disconnected once, no weird warping or anything, no item or character loss... Is someone paying these guys to badmouth this game or is it a case of different hardware or servers? (I'm playing on a pretty strong rig.. quad proc,  8600gts, 2gb etc.. XP pro ofc.. on a EU server) Maybe it's Vista doing the dirty... wouldn't be surprised.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

its a fun game but its been buggy for *me* at launch

the network likes to drop me every 30-90 minutes

I'm playing on XP, dual core, 3 gig RAM, 8800 GTX, US server

• EstrusEstrus Member Posts: 357

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/underground/state-game

State of the Game

It’s been less than a week since we’ve opened the Hellgate, and we’re ecstatic at how many people have already joined us online. Overall, the game is running really well. Our game servers are incredibly stable and the community has been great about working with us to identify and resolve issue through the forums. We’ve been working through some issues as every new online game does, and as is befitting the season, we’ve our share of both tricks and treats.

Hellgate: London was scheduled to ship to stores by October 30th so it could be available for sale on the 31st. The excitement of retailers having the game on hand won out over our carefully crafted plans and we started seeing anxious gamers wanting to get online a day earlier than expected. Although we had to scramble, we also didn’t want to disappoint our first players, so we opened the servers early.

After the game had been running for a while, we found that we were having issues with out subscription transactions not being correctly processed. While this wasn’t an issue of incorrect charges being applied or insecure data issues, we needed to suspend subscriptions while we worked with our payment processing partners to address the problems. We’re working on this through the weekend and will take as long as required to iron out the last issues. We will update everyone as soon as we have more concrete information.

Turning of the ability to subscribe meant that we had some cool All Hallows’ Eve content that a lot of people weren’t going to be able to see. So, we decided to “turn on” the goodies for everyone who was playing. Unfortunately, this meant we would need to shut down the game servers in order to issue a new patch. Although we announced the down-time on our forums and within the game, not everyone got the message, so some people were surprised when they couldn’t get online for a few hours.

This, in turn, led everyone that was playing to rush to the Hellgate: London forums, which promptly overloaded both our forum and website servers. The treat was that we really saw that there are a LOT of passionate people playing the game. The trick was that the rush to our sites caused our little corner of the Internet to shut down.

It’s not that we don’t already have a good amount, but we immediately put out the order for more web servers. We’ve also implemented a website overflow plan in case we get that many people flooding onto the boards in such a short amount of time again. Live and learn!

We brought the servers and our sites back online a few hours later, patched everyone with all of the special themed content, and we’ve been up and running ever since. Some of our Beta testers have progressed through the end of the storyline and are continuing on in Nightmare difficulty. We can’t wait to see them tackle Elite Mode.

All in all, we’re pleased that the game itself is running so well. We’re also as frustrated as you are about these initial bumps in the road. Trust us – we’re here working on them all day, every day.

Single Player Patch

We’ve made the general fixes, improvements and changes found in Patch 0 available to our stand alone players. The option to patch your single player version of Hellgate: London is available from the launcher when you first start up the game.

Founder’s Offer Extended

We’ve received a flood of messages from people that have pre-ordered asking that we extend the time for our Founder’s offer. We understand your concern, and want to assure you that our delay in accepting subscriptions will not adversely affect your chance to take advantage of this offer. We’ll release specific details in the next few days, but we’ll extend the timeline of the offer and make sure that we take care of everyone that wants to be a Founder.

New Special Event

We’re putting the final touches on what is making it into our next patch, and details will be coming VERY soon. One hint – there’s going to be fire. LOTS of fire…

See you online!

--Bill Roper

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

EU people (myself included) get the shaft again. Doesn't really surprise me any more to be honest. Paid over the odds for a Collectors Edition, yet can't make a lifetime subscription even though I pre-ordered it. Funny thing is I'm not the only one and if you got people going the extra mile to pay more (because of strong pound, paying customs / VAT etc) then the service should be at least identical. The irony is that it is worse, even though I was a beta tester and told FSS what would happen and was ignored...

No annoying animated GIF here!

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

Originally posted by Xenduli

EU people (myself included) get the shaft again. Doesn't really surprise me any more to be honest. Paid over the odds for a Collectors Edition, yet can't make a lifetime subscription even though I pre-ordered it. Funny thing is I'm not the only one and if you got people going the extra mile to pay more (because of strong pound, paying customs / VAT etc) then the service should be at least identical. The irony is that it is worse, even though I was a beta tester and told FSS what would happen and was ignored...

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

I don't know what to say about this. I would contact customer support. You met all the qualifications to be able to purchase the founder's club subscription. I'd at least get a reason why you don't have that option. The subscription service just went active last night after some problems. I'd definitely make some noise.

• ShneakyOneShneakyOne Member UncommonPosts: 156

This game was exactly what I expected it to be. Diablo 3 in a futuristic setting, with magic thrown in. It's excellent. The only bug I have run into... is that every so often, I get caught in parts of the map, like a ditch, that I can't jump out of. So, I'm forced to relog. But the amount of times it happens is so few and far between, that it doesn't ruin my game experience at all.

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525
    Originally posted by ShneakyOne

The only bug I have run into... is that every so often, I get caught in parts of the map, like a ditch, that I can't jump out of. So, I'm forced to relog.

It's a bug alright, but no need to relog. Just type /stuck and you'll get out.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• KaiphasKaiphas Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by Nazaros

I think a couple of the smoothest launching game I can recall were DaoC and CoH.  Both games as I recall had no major issues and just worked right out of the gate. 
    True Story.

But there are still enough retarded people to justify crappy launch, so as long as they accept it... They will get served.

It's awesome what a whole industry can do to brainwash people, and make them believe that crappy product are a standard in the MMO world launch. (Or in general even)

That is pathetic.

Thank you Nazaros. You hit the nail on the head.

If you don't like it, don't play it.
    800 million subscribers cannot lie

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Kaiphas

I think a couple of the smoothest launching game I can recall were DaoC and CoH.  Both games as I recall had no major issues and just worked right out of the gate. 
    True Story.

But there are still enough retarded people to justify crappy launch, so as long as they accept it... They will get served.

It's awesome what a whole industry can do to brainwash people, and make them believe that crappy product are a standard in the MMO world launch. (Or in general even)

That is pathetic.

Not only that, these glorified chatrooms are now considered MMORPGs by some folks.  It is sad the game ended up listed on these forums when the game's own devs don't consider it an MMORPG.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Shannia

Originally posted by Kaiphas

True Story.

That is pathetic.

Not only that, these glorified chatrooms are now considered MMORPGs by some folks.  It is sad the game ended up listed on these forums when the game's own devs don't consider it an MMORPG.

Well the root of the game is a solid rpg with alot of mmo elements to it with the option to go in fps mode. Honestely, I don't see a problem with it being on mmorpg.com. Since their release, it has been one of the most popular games listed on this site so why not just stop complaining its not a mmo and realize that this game will out perform many mmo games on this site ? :P

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

The multiplayer blows.

Really buggy, we can't see each other, or heal each other most of the time even though we are standing next to each other. I can see the monsters my mate is killing die, but that's it. Client has a memory leak.

I noticed that with the new patch a load of the non subscription content has been removed and made subscrber only.

As if I am going to subscribe to when the multi is so broken.

It would be an intresting game if it worked.

It would work if the compeny wasn't so hell bent and devoted to ripping off it's customers and insteads focused on just making a good game.

Despite enjoying this game, the sooner Flagship games goes out of business forever  the better.

• QuantumQrackQuantumQrack Member UncommonPosts: 81

This is what happens when a company gets too greedy.  (Bill Roper).    Paying a subscription for something that I should get without a subscription is how I look at it.  I would pay more money for the initial game if there was extra content, perhaps 60 or 70 bucks.  From what I have read from beta testing and on these forums, people are not too happy with the game.

• Wow4LiferWow4Lifer Member Posts: 255

The memory leak needs to be fixed before i subscribe.

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

Aaaaahh..The fanboi'ism hurts my eyes. And for the last bloody time. This aint, and will never be an mmo. Why its listed at mmorpg.com is beyond me . Would make more sense to list it at, let me see, ANY other gaming site ala ign, pcgamer.com or whatsit. Cause I go to mmorpg to find news about mmos, and I go to the other sites to find news about any other games which aint mmo's.

Anyway, when game devs put out crappy releases it paint a sad picture for future gaming. Even worse it that people accept this kinda thing from them. Whenever any company bugs me out(like the one I stupidly bought my pc from) I make sure to make their day a living hell till they fixed all the quirks and errors on the pos they sold me. Should work the same way for game developors. So I say, flame on. Oh, and send angry mails to their support emails. Even better, phone the sob's up and yell a little at them. Ofcourse the poor sods taking the calls cant do squat, but they can bring the word on to the people who can. And in the process make their day miserable cause angry customers yelled at em

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.