Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Vista still a wildcard for gaming?

I'm gonna have to pick a Windows to put on my Mac now that Bootcamp is out of the BETA. Where I'm at currently I could get either get a Windows XP Home or a Windows Vista Home Premium, both cost pretty much the same. The only reason I need Windows is for gaming so the Home versions should be fine enough. Still I'm not sure if XP or Vista.

What would you recommend? If it's important which videocard... I got a GeForce 8600m GT with 256MB GDDR3 video-ram, maximum Core Clock ~470MHz and maximum Memory Clock ~635MHz so video memory should tick around ~1300MHz. Is the card decent enough to run games properly under Vista or doesn't that matter anyways?

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

hmm this wont end well... a thread with MAC and Windows in the same post... i sense a OS war.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• EcranomicalEcranomical Member Posts: 326

Personally, i'm not even gonna' bother with Vista. My brother got it, and its just sitting there, we both don't feel the need to install; Xp Home edition does the job.

[EDIT] ANd by the time vista is stable vienna, or what ever they're calling it these days, will be out and, hopefully, be better as well as stable.

• atrejuatreju Member Posts: 60

Aight, I picked up a Windows XP Home 32-bit. Got it for 115$, that was the best price I could get.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Vista is fine with newer PCs.

• Acees88Acees88 Member Posts: 132

OKey first of all, Vista doesnt support all game YET, So that a problem. Its works ffine on computers but when it comes to gaming stick with xp until they managed to fix all the buggs with the incompatible games.!