Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ooooh Druid!

I've Been Looking at all the Classes For The WoW Races. And i really Like Druids and their forms.

Cat , Bear .... Ect...

Well, I'm wondering is anybody on this Board a Druid? Oh , And... Are Druids a really good class to be???

Comments

• PermanentInkPermanentInk Member Posts: 13

Yea man, before I gave my account away to a friend.. Who I think quit now...

Had a 65ish druid..

I think I'm going to re-subscribe to play casually a bit maybe, nothing else out there on the market has been fun for me, 2 moons, RF online, bleh all boring..

Anyways on to your druid question. It was by far one of the funnest classes for me to level.. Very very powerful class in PvP if you know what you're doing, exceptional for group play and support as well.

Machine Supremacy

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

Druid is a great overall class, imho. 

It's a great class to grind/quest with. 

- In cat form, virtually no down time.  You will only pop out to reapply buffs and apply heals as needed.

- Also, in cat form, you can stealth around avoid unwanted ganks as well as sneaking into areas to kill/loot items to complete missions quickly (without having to fight your way in/out).

- The instant cast flight form in Outlands is great for dropping into a location to kill/loot something and then quickly fly right back out.

High survivability.

- With multiple forms at your disposal, your ability to get out of a bad situation is only bound to your imagination/skill... for the most part.

Very versatile.  Tank, dps, heal, caster... all of the above. 

- The drawback to this, is you are probably going to need to carry 2-3 sets of gear in your inventory.  DPS, Healing/Caster, Tanking.

Useful to group.

- In combat rez.

- Buffs (stats, resists, + crit chance)

- Again, versatility.  A druid can step in and try to fill most rolls in a bad situation.

PVP

A lot of bonuses there, too.  While it's probably NOT my favorite class to PvP with, it is a lot of fun. 

I'm sure others here can speak to a druid's pvp abilities better than I. 

I have enjoyed pvp more on my druid than my shaman for the most part, though.

All in all, Druid is really an excellent class to play.  It's a lot of fun.  I mean, that's the point right?  Druid really offers that, imho.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

One funny thing is how people forget the other talents off the druids.While  admit the moonkin form and balance tree are not very good the restoration talents are amazing.

A restoration druid is the king of healing over time no contest.There is not even any other class even close to them and they have the largest single heal.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

I have a druid. I was resto when I quit playing and the healing was incredible. I couldnt kill anything in pvp or pve but it took them forever to kill me. My days of WoW are over though so if they changed them in the last 3 months or so It could be different from what I remember. Anyone want to trade for a SWG account..lol

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

lol yeah roll a druid, ull be feral till 70 then for the rest of ur wow career ull be a healer

have fun :)

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Originally posted by Aseenus

lol yeah roll a druid, ull be feral till 70 then for the rest of ur wow career ull be a healer
    have fun :)

Feral druids are perfectly viable at 70, and make great tanks until you come to the really, really high end content (i.e. places like black temple that 95% of players will never see).

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

druids are fun and versitile class. however, if you are a druid you will be expected to heal in every group you are invited into, and expected to heal in every guild you get invited into.

druids can do a lot of damage, but everyone wants you for the healing ability

Torrential

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

Originally posted by Czzarre

druids are fun and versitile class. however, if you are a druid you will be expected to heal in every group you are invited into, and expected to heal in every guild you get invited into.
    druids can do a lot of damage, but everyone wants you for the healing ability
    Torrential
    Thats not true, Feral druids are very capable tanks (in the right hands) we often have a feral as a tank in 5mans (inc heroics) and Kara. SSC we have had mixed sucess, but in 5mans and 10man Feral druids are better then warriors IMHO due to the buffs they can provide.

If any guild says "you can only join if you heal" and you dont want to heal 24/7 then its not the guild for you.. look for a more open guild.

The guild I am in we have 8 druids 3 are Feral, 10 priests 4 are shadow, 6 pallies 2 are retrobution, 4 shammies 1 is elemental, 8 warriors 4 are Fury spec.  the old days of having to be a certain spec are gone and any guild leader or player who refuses to believe this needs to look again.

Be what spec you want to be and beocme good at it and a guild will snap you up ASAP.

IM not going to disagree with you cupe. Play whatever style you want, whatever spec you want. Its your $15/month ..dont let others say what you must and must not do.

That said I would be lying if I didnt say that any guild the OP joins as a druid likely wants him as a healer. I agree feral tanks are very capable and are superior in some circumstances (although they may have been nerfed again, not sure). But generally what happens is that those players who get to be feral druids or DPS warriors or Ret pallies...they are players who have been with the guild a long time. They get 'first choice' in moving to a non-traditional spec while the newcomers come in and become the main healers/tanks (after they are geared up).

I dont like it, but it was my experience in WoW as both a druid and a warrior.

Torrential

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

CZ - when did you play WoW? What you are saying was very true a year ago, but since TBC has come out, druid tanks are far more accepted.

Ive been out of WoW X 4 months now. If things have changed for the druids, I say great!. I guess my impressions from my 2.5yrs in WoW was that guilds/groups/etc always needed healers, healers, healers.  Always seemed the rate limiting step for any guild/group.

I know that druids are great tanks after TBC, and the addition of pallies to the Horde side made things easier from healing. Perhaps its just a bad taste lingering in my mouth. If its different now, very cool.

Torrential

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Only thing I don't like about druids is that you have to be either a Night Elf or a Tauren, they need more racial choices!

to hell with the IP!

undead druid? why not!