Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Joe's World... of Warcraft - Guilding

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Today, Joe Iuliani focuses his WoW spotlight on using guilds in WoW.

The general media has a tendency to focus on the negative aspects of the gaming community. Games have been blamed for acts of violence as well as the newly diagnosed “Gamer’s Addiction”. Yet the general media seldom, if ever, focus on the positive social aspects of MMOs. To that end, I would like to chat briefly about guilds in World of Warcraft.

Last week Blizzard “unveiled” their Guild Nexus as part of their Guild Relations Program. By “unveiled”, I mean it was a bullet point while logging on to WOW.

All guilds accepted into in this program will receive special recognition and benefits, including:

• A dedicated page linked to on the WorldofWarcraft.com community website listing the name of the guilds in the program, details about each guild, and links to their websites.
  • Eligibility to participate in upcoming beta tests.
  • Invitations to live online chat sessions with Blizzard game designers.
  • Q&A updates to be posted in the Guild Relations forum based on feedback received directly from members of the program.
  • Additional features and benefits to come.

Read it all here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• VatiguVatigu Member Posts: 44

Good column, The only reason I still play this game is because of my guild. I've been playing with them for the last 1.5 years and because of the community we have built up for ourselves I continue to play, we're only just getting into SSC now so we're not hardcore by any stretch; but as I said it's the friendships and the community that keep me playing.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

i guess i'm still kinda going 'wtf' about this column.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?