Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual Monitor MMORPGs?

Are there any MMO out there that support dual monitors.  It would be real nice if you could have the map and some stats panels open at the same time as your playing.  Plus you can have all your item bags open which would help out the quick bar situation since mine are all full.  Anyone know of any that are out or coming out soon?

Comments

• Scorn_ArkaneScorn_Arkane Member Posts: 189

From my experience there are more than just a few that support it.

• saniceksanicek Member UncommonPosts: 368

I was running wow on dual screen for some time. With the awesome power of addons you can make any setup you desire. Ie I had almost clean play area on one and all the info flow, chat, overviews etc on second.

Tho after upgrading to widescreen i returned to game on one screen and web/icq/all the other stuff on the second. Many of the mmos almost require a web browser with an info site opened all the time :)

Subscribtions: EVE, SWTOR WOW, WAR, DDO, VG, AOC, COV, FFXI, GW, RFO, Aion
    +plenty of F2P, betas, trials

Female Dwarf player: WOW, VG, WAR, DDO
    Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.

• The_Boo_CatThe_Boo_Cat Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 157

No MMO's require a web screen open.

Only players require this.

Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the reviews of MMORPG.com or its management.

Neil Thompson
    Staff Writer
    MMORPG.com

Originally posted by KohenTrask

No MMO's require a web screen open.
    Only players require this.
    Ie EVE goes as far as to have browser in-game. If more people actually found out information they seek by themselves there would be less stupid questions asked in-game and less stupid decisions made.

I cant imagine eve without warious info tables or calculators or wow without wowhead and armory. Granted, it is possible to play without, but as much as i hate the term, you are gimping yourself.

So I reccomend 1 screen big enough all the stuff in game you want fits on it + the other for all the other stuff you do while playing MMOs (IM, chat, web, pron sites for quick wank during one wating or another, etc etc)

Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.

• rajasekharrajasekhar Member Posts: 27

I have been playing Voyage century and 2moons at the same time using two monitors on same system using sand boxie, but both low on graphics.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Eve supports TripleHead To Go, if you have 3 screens.

• QazeQaze Member Posts: 247

May not answer your question but you can increase the field of vision in FPSs to see more when using two or more monitors. You might be able to do something similiar in MMORPGS.

Qaze - Atheist, Nihilist, Sadist.
    WinRAR.rar
    Mudkip Video

image Xfire= Qaze3000 - Add me if you're not a total retard.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

sanicek, even in Eve i need at least one additional monitor for Teamspeak, a Map (better more maps) or even irc when im testing stuff on the testserver.

I know only few mmos that dont benefit from a second screen for stuff.

Oh, btw: one of the Devs stated that they are working on some kind of multimonitor support. He didnt say what exactly though, so its probably in early developement..

• RanddRandd Member Posts: 409

I usually play movies or tv shows on my 2nd monitor while playing hehe

Originally posted by batolemaeus

sanicek, even in Eve i need at least one additional monitor for Teamspeak, a Map (better more maps) or even irc when im testing stuff on the testserver.
    I know only few mmos that dont benefit from a second screen for stuff.
    Oh, btw: one of the Devs stated that they are working on some kind of multimonitor support. He didnt say what exactly though, so its probably in early developement..

Well thats what I said, a screen for the game + a screen for all the other things instead of covering both (or more) screens with the game. :) I was just giving EVE as an example that it even contains in game browser, so it was from design aware that additional data resources need to be accessed during the game.