Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veteran Seeks New World

WicaaWicaa Member Posts: 101

I have been playing mmo's for a good few years now and I really do enjoy them I have a fair bit of time but I like to come and go as I please. Noticeable grinds and repetitive tasks tend to wear me down.

DAOC: I started out playing Daoc loved the RvR however I left due to lack of support in europe and after a while ToA put me off.

Planetside: I then moved to this game and I loved it to bits lack of development and the introduction of BFR's drove me away from this one.

CoH/CoV: Love the character creation system but the way in which you gain experience plus the massive nurf bat a few years back made me think about other games.

World of Warcraft: I have been playing wow for an awfully long time on and off, I enjoy so much of it however the endgame seems dry compared to Daoc's, I do enjoy raiding however it locks me in for a very long time when perhaps I would like to do something in real life then come back.  The arena system is a welcome change but I'm not sure whether this is enough content to hold me, sometimes I believe it is the lure of purples and status that holds me to this game.

EvE: Brilliant game, I found alot of the time if I was in a war, my system could be locked down and camped by the enemy that is the game thumbs up and all that but I pay to play a game not to login check the system "oh they are still there" off I go again scuttling back to Jerry Springer. I want to be able to play the game I pay for.

I stand before you now the hub of the mmorpg world and ask in wonder what perhaps I should fling myself at, I am still very active in wow but mainly because I cannot find anything else decent to play.  Im not interested in Warhammer, mythic have gotten into bed with EA and being of some years I have seen even local gaming software companies bought up ripped apart and thrown to the wolves by that company not to mention their terrible spyware on their software.

In my opinion have a reasonable machine twin core cpu's 2gigs of ram 7600 256 gt and am based in Europe if that has any bearing on your advice.  I was thinking of giving Tabula a go mayeb AoC when it is released I trust funcom to deliver, maybe even Pirates of the burning sea. Like so many it seems I'm awash in this sea of games with no real home and desperately seeking one.

Im not looking for the next blockbuster just somewhere I can call home and be somebody.

Comments

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

I'm not sure what you're looking for specifically, but FFXI is an awesome group oriented game with many alternatives other than grinding.  The quests are interesting, there are multiple sets of missions, each with their own (in my opinion) awesome storyline.  It has a pretty unique combat system, and about 2-3 times as much endgame content as WoW.  That being said, it can be something of a grind if you don't like grouping, as soloing becomes nearly impossible after about level 30.

Alternatively, if you want a game more similar to WoW, I understand that LoTRO has a solid growing European community, and may be more familiar to you.

• WicaaWicaa Member Posts: 101

Thanks for your post...

I have never tried ffx it is one I will consider but I was scared away from it because of the forced group requirement after 30, I ideally would like to be free to choose how to play with a group solo or not solo. I am also thinking about a return to EVE not 100% certain though.

Lotro is too similar to what I have been playing really, I would like a breath of fresh air. <breathes in>