Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Metal Gear Solid: Online

jkkennedyjkkennedy Member Posts: 10
Gamespot relased their first impressions on MGS3: Snake Eater and along with it came some interesting news. Konami changed the engine of the game not only to make it more terrain realism but for possibly a MGS: Online. In my opinion that sounds sweet and should be looked into.

Here is an excerpt from Gamespot review of the game:

"In an offhand and very surprising admission, Kojima said the other reason for the new technology is that Konami is planning on creating Metal Gear Online, and the dev team wanted a more generalized engine for use with that upcoming game. Whether or not this comment actually holds water will remain to be seen, but it's quite interesting nonetheless. "

With this news I say the PS2 is about to enter into a new world of stealth online. For all you PS2 and MGS lovers, this new news may come to be something you will enjoy for a long time. Find out more at Gamespot website.

http://www.gamespot.com

Article:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Impressions

Do you all believe this will happen and what are your thoughts on the entire idea. Post your comments and responses.

Comments

• MadgunzMadgunz Member Posts: 35

Metal Gear Solid 3? online...

that sounds sweet

??˜°³ª¹º†Madgunz†º¹ª³˜??

• MadgunzMadgunz Member Posts: 35

im surprised no one else has posted on this topic.....

This game wil be Bad ħ

??˜°³ª¹º†Madgunz†º¹ª³˜??

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

How much will that rock?

Imagine, coming up behind a real person and doing the choke thing and imagine how annoying it would be to be minding your own business then suddenly youre on the floor :P

{BiosFear} [Twisted_Metal]Wakka

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• jkkennedyjkkennedy Member Posts: 10
    I believe the game will rock, myself. Imagin sneaking around going onto the top of a building pulling out your PSG1 and sniping others down below. Or possibly setting up some C4's at a staircase and have people chasing you and you run up the stair case then you push the button and they go "ohhhh crap!" That would be sweet.

• lovely_bishilovely_bishi Member Posts: 5

A online MGS? Sounds great, if they do make it i hope they add player/character selection like Ninja, Raiden, Snake, Otacon ect. But each one has they're own abilities, Otacon cant use gun weapons but he can hack security systems ect. And all of them have they're own missions that will lead them to meet each other once awhile and help each other during boss battles, i look foward to this ^_^ and they should put it on PC too so there wont be such a pain waiting forever to get a online adapter for PS2.

It would be fun also to pick teams, each characters would be seperated into two teams or three, Like Military, Terrorists/Big Boss's team, ect ect. You could be Genome soldier and can check area's for the enemy. Fun fun.

[/Red][/B]B[/b]i[/green]shi King ^_^

[/Red][/B]B[/b]i[/green]shi King ^_^

• gamer14gamer14 Member Posts: 7

ive played all of the mgs games that r out but what i dont how can it be a online game???

• fassasomefassasome Member Posts: 4
    I think the idea of the MGS series going online is a great one, and I would love to see how konami will accomplish this effectively.  However I am very sceptical over the PS2 and it's current state online, I know it can run most of the online games pretty well at the moment wiht hardly much lag.. but it does happen and I think in a game like MGS which requires high-levels of stealth and precision, I can forsee at the moment many problems of the game maintaining any sense of fun with the game. When playing against live opponents, who will be as stealthy at possible and allways on the lookout a slight lag spike could potentially kill you every time.  As far as I can see it would be better suited to PC, as it is more stable or to stay single player as it is now which is highly enjoyable.  But knowing konami they will spend a substantial amount of time on this if it is true, and so they will hopefully find some way around this if at all possible..

Well you got to realize that a MGS: Online would take some time. Which means that by the time it is ready, PS3 might be out by then, or whatever new product it is.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

. . . .that would be sweet but it has to have the same MGS goodness which means that it would need to be really complicated like: enemy vs spy or somthing like that.

i mean ya do want to use stealth right?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• GenjingGenjing Member Posts: 441

Dunno if PvP would work, but a spy team working together against genome soldiers would be interesting.

Maybe one distracts a group of soldiers with a sniper rifle so his teammates can sneak in, and they all use voice chat to coordinate their tactics from different spots of the complex, etc.

PvP might be tough to work out, because a player's field of vision in MGS is waaaay higher than a genome soldier's. Don't see how anyone would be sneaking around anyone else, unless its First person view only... and even then still might be kinda tough.

• Amd64_FX_53Amd64_FX_53 Member Posts: 421
    Shooter games just dont work in an mmorpg.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://eq2imperium.proboards15.com/index.cgi

Imperium Acranum rapped me

I would not want the game to be a MMORPG anyway. I would want the game to be completly based on stealth, tactics, and missions. That is what makes MGS awesome. Adding the Co-operative game play to MGS makes the tactics and stealth action etc that much better. And as seeing as you have two people lets say that need to do the missions sorta similar to what Ryden and Snake had to do (the bomb mission) then you both could split and do the mission. That is what I am looking forward to in this game. The feel of the Metal Gear Solid environment mixed with co-operative gameplay.

• r1tualr1tual Member Posts: 559
    Maybe the MMORPG would be like the two sides fighting each other in war.  Maybe have bases that you have to guard all while infiltrating enemy locations.  And of course eliminating all opposing enemies in your own bases. 

Make it like a conquest game.  Would be awesome.  If it had the same quality as the original Metal Gear Solid games I would play that.  Definatly.