Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worthwhile for a new player to start with the release of expansion?

RaciexRaciex Member Posts: 22

Hey!

I played EQ2 when it was first released, and liked it a lot. But due to circumstances such as playing less all together, and trying out WoW I just didn't get back in the game..

But now I'm really starting to get interested in getting settled in a mmo world again, and I really don't know any better place than EQ2 atm.

But I've always been the kind of guy who wants to be in it from the start. EQ2 has been out a long time now, so that's the major issue that's holding me back right now. I can't explain why, and I can't rationally argue for why I feel like this sometimes, but I'm sure there are more people who feel/have felt the same.

It'd just be great to hear some comments on how you late arrivers have done in the game and if you feel you've been able to adapt well to the already quite established world. Will I be running around a poor level while everyone else is sitting with at least one capped out super rich main char sitting around in a mansion somewhere?

Thanks ;)

Comments

• valo_666valo_666 Member Posts: 74

I know exactly how you feel. I too contemplated going back because i hate being behind or not involved in an mmo. I played for 2 months after release and started back up 6 months after only too find the game 10 times better than when i had left.  

I quit shortly after because of performance issues on my pc but plan on coming back in a few weeks with a new rig.  The thing that excited me was the fact that there are new races and a new starting zone which will bring new characters to the game along with new players altogether. 

Join Antonia Bayle (if that's spelled correctly) i hear that is a populated server. Good luck starting again

• pust082pust082 Member Posts: 157

With the RoK expansion you will see another influx of new characters. While not all of them will be new players to Everquest, im sure that there will be quite a few who are. I am looking forward to being around to meet them. It is hard for a guildless newbie to make friends on any MMO.

In any game that has been around for this long you will have high level characters. Its just the matter of working your way into a good player range to group. In EQ2, once you make the 20's its really easy to find a group(at least in my experience). Good luck and come back!

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

I started 2 months ago after leaving LOTRO and never looked back...

I have 3 alts going (something I never could do in any other game) as tradeskills and crafting is awesome..Each alt is in a different area for variety and I can either group or solo...I get the best of all worlds

Also, yes, Antonia Bayle is THE server right now...great community, helpful people...and all over fun

Cheers!

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

If you start on Antonia Bayle, it is not too late right now.  I am new myself.

I think after the expansion, though, would be a great time.  I am not focused on leveling so much now because I plan to play the new race with the expansion.  Should be fun.

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

• megareejanmegareejan Member Posts: 7

hey all the worries u had were the same as mine

it was suggested to me to be a bad char so i started one 4 days ago and i will not be looking back the online groups are great really friendly and there were low levellers like me

no other mmorpg comes close

hats off to eq2

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

A lot of the returnees or new players seems to be starting in Antonia Bayle which is one of the most active and popular servers with population that plays around the clock because EU players also play on that server. The server has a very active economy and you'll find a lot of people (newbies or twinks) to play with. Not to mention that since there's the Mentor system you and a high level friend can play together (he can mentor down to your level) so you both can do the same quest and dungeons. It won't be overpowering since his stats and abilities are reduced when mentored down (he will recieve 50% less XP while you will recieve 10% MORE XP while mentoring you) although they will be slightly stronger than you due to more AA points and have more abilities to choose from.