Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AA advancement help

ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I'm returning back to eq2 after a long time and AA's are new.  I've researched some and found that you can get AA in a number of ways.  Killing mobs, discovery, doing quests.  Is this a random process or is there a list of these that give AAs?  I'm pretty certain every discovery and quest doesn't but don't know how to focus on quests and discovery to get my AA's caught up to my level?

Are there any good web sites that have info on this and quests and things like that?

---
Ethion

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Achievement_Experience

Wiki is decent for showing all the solo quest timelines - where to go at what level

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Solo_Timelines

Alla can be helpful too

eq2.allakhazam.com/

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
    AA is based off a separate experience bar.  Every non-repeatable quest and the first completion of most repeatable quests above level 10 give you AA experience.  Get enough AA experience and you get an AA point you can spend however you like.   You can't earn AA until you hit level 10.
  • quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

you get aa xp for:

*killing named mobs the first time you kill them,

*for completing not repeatable quests if they are at least green con or higher

* for completing collections

* for looting some items the first time (its usually the items that have the "looted treasure" text on them)

* for discovering some locations.

* + a part of all xp goes to aa xp once you reach the level cap

the aa xp you need for aa levels increases with each level a bit. but higher level events give also a bit more aa xp than lower ones.

currently the aa level cap is 100. there are 2 trees one that is shared between the good and the evil version of the class and one that is specific for each class. each off these trees caps out at 50 points spent in them (example: as a fury you can spend 50 points in the druid tree and 50 points in the fury tree, but not more than that in either tree).  But you can freely select in which order you spend the points in which tree.

finally there has been the rumor that with rok they will increase aa level cap to 140 and allow spending up to 70 points in each tree, but i have not seen an official confirmation for that.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by quaiky

finally there has been the rumor that with rok they will increase aa level cap to 140 and allow spending up to 70 points in each tree, but i have not seen an official confirmation for that.

Its official.  Its listed in the content description for RoK.