Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a game thats different...

Skippy13Skippy13 Member Posts: 38

Hey, i resently made a post about a sandbox...but now i just want somthing dif...i looked at koas war and it really intreaged me i love being able to progress my character how ever i want ...i want to be able to use a handgun one time then drop it and pull out a sword and hack at the guy...

i know this is diferant from so many games but if any one knows of one it would be great....

F2P preferably and ok grafics would be great but i will deal with anything if i can do whatever i want with my character

sorry if this is vage but i don't really know how to discribe it but koas war pretty much fits me but its not out yet :(

thanks

Skippy

Help my buddies grow click on them!
image image imageimage

Comments

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Have you tried Zu Online yet? By far the best f2p imo, and has tons of content. Even in alpha stages it beats p2p games in alot of aspects. Remember that it is alpha and they have not got all the text filtered to English. And to be honest, with the cell shaded graphics, it almost feels like I should be paying for it. It also has other ways of leveling in game via events and in-game quizzes that reward xp. Once all of the systems are in they will have kool things like player owned mansions were you can hire merchants and all sorts of things. You can even have diety quest merchants. Also they have a pet system that allows you to actually walk pets. And for being cell shaded like Okami from playstation 2, it just has a addictive nature. There crafting system is a mix of the standered american color system and rank system from korean games. Its pretty nice and seems to go real well. Anyways heres the addy

http://zu.igg.com , usually hold alpha key events all the time.

Also note that the pets in-game are mounts that provide bonus's to you when you level them. Not only can you level them but you can ride them. And not just by yourself, at higher levels they have pets that when mounted can ride 2 people. So leave you wife at home, and come find a new girl. :)

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

i read your other post...

there is nothing that remotely plays like the old swg. don't try to compare games to it or you'll only be very disappointed with some very good (in their own right games). it took me pretty much two years to finally see this, and i'm a much happier gamer now.

anyway.. there's a class or two in almost every game that lets you range attack as well as melee combat, for free games, i know the Perfect World winged archer is VERY good ranged and melee damage dealer, especially if you take the time to work on crafting and make your own weapons.

also.. i'll throw in a plug for Anarchy Online (as i usually do), you can increase your 1 hand, 2 hand, pistol, rifle.. whatever skills in order to range/melee as you like. this will severely gimp your character but it at least lets you play as you choose to, which to me is one of the most important factors in choosing a game to play.

best of luck, and i hope you find a game you enjoy

• Skippy13Skippy13 Member Posts: 38

Yes i tryed Zu but i am going to wait a little bit more untill the game is translated a little more but i have looked at that...

i am very excited about perfect world but since its been pushed back i want somthing to do inbetween...and i think i'll try anarchy online i've looked at it a little but and i'll look some more but THANKS guys i needed a push in the right direction...

Thanks again

Skippy

Help my buddies grow click on them!
    image image imageimage

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

Originally posted by Skippy13

Yes i tryed Zu but i am going to wait a little bit more untill the game is translated a little more but i have looked at that...
    i am very excited about perfect world but since its been pushed back i want somthing to do inbetween...and i think i'll try anarchy online i've looked at it a little but and i'll look some more but THANKS guys i needed a push in the right direction...

Thanks again
    Skippy

good to hear it. if you have any questions or need anything once ya leave the starting zone give me a hoot (on the 2nd server) and i'll try to help you out. it's a VERY complicated game, i've only been playing about a couple of months and still have quite a lot to learn, i still can't imagine diving into any of the trade skills yet