Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the place to go -> US or EU LotRO?

Some time ago I found out that the US and EU versions of LotRO are ran by different companies and that there would be some differences. It's no biggy for me to get either version so which one do you recommend?

Comments

• SpeiberbobSpeiberbob Member Posts: 233

Go us servers the dont hae rp servers as far as i know, but youll have active crowd 24/7

one of my big problem with euro servers,

im in game all other are in bed or at work.

AC2,AO,D&L,Lotro,VsoH,SWG,Uo,HGL,Drunners,CoH,GW,Potbs,PWI
    Eq2,Dofus,WoW,WWIIO,Ryzom,Planetside,EvE,TR,DDO,RFonline,FOM,VC,..etc blabla
    also hobbies....staring at loadingbars

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by Speiberbob

Go us servers the dont hae rp servers as far as i know, but youll have active crowd 24/7

one of my big problem with euro servers,
    im in game all other are in bed or at work.
    I agree with Speiberbob.  A lot depends on the time you normally play.  Usually you would want to find a server that will have a peak population sometime during your normal play session.  That way you maximize your chances of having your friends and kinship online at the same time that you are.

No matter which server; or for that matter which MMO  that you chose to play... you will have more fun if you have friends and guildmates that are playing it with you.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

I do not believe there are US or EU servers, there are just LOTRO servers. However some of the server may have "unofficial" communities.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

I do not believe there are US or EU servers, there are just LOTRO servers. However some of the server may have "unofficial" communities.
    Yes...there are EU and US servers...

http://www.lotro-europe.com/news.php?id=3142

Cheers

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by openedge1

Cheers

Yes.  Openedge is correct.

There are 11 North American Servers (Includes Australia and New Zealand as well)(One is a test server).

forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php

There are 11 European Servers

community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php

There are 2 Japanese Servers

www.lotro-japan.com/

It's been announced of it being released in China for 2008 as well. (Some conflicting reports... but I think it's still only in Beta there).

www.lotro-china.com/index.htm

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by dragonace

Cheers

There are 11 North American Servers (Includes Australia and New Zealand as well)(One is a test server).

www.lotro-japan.com/

It's been announced of it being released in China for 2008 as well. (Some conflicting reports... but I think it's still only in Beta there).

Nicely done list...but, when did you quit chewing gum to do this???

j/k !

• atrejuatreju Member Posts: 60

Thank you for the many replies.

For me it doesn't matter if many people are around when I'm online and I've never been much of a guild-person. From earlier days I'm actually used to play on US servers because there weren't any localized servers or versions backthen.

The roleplaying servers sound tempting though but if they are any similar to those I experienced when trying World of Warcraft... I say nay.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by dragonace

Cheers

www.lotro-japan.com/

I stand Corrected.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me