Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this wierd game look interesting

Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

I must say, it sparks my attention, especially after gods and heroes was canceled.

But someone be honest with me.

after reading things about the dev team.

Im guessing this game is just completely dead eh? It seems like the devs dont care one bit about the game or community, and they havent really tried to patch up bugs.

If I got into it I just have this looming feeling that in a couple months, ill try to log in and find out its canceled.....or play it for one day and stop because the games lacking.

So its a fanboys chance to tell me two things....if I play.....

1. is there seriously a actual population of players? or just some high lvl guilds....dont BS around

2. Have the devs actually been taking community suggestions into consideration, do they really fix bugs? But more importantly, if I put time into this game....does it actually have a future for staying alive? or should i just wait till it dies, then becomes a f2p

I play all ghame

Comments

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398
    Originally posted by Player_420

I must say, it sparks my attention, especially after gods and heroes was canceled.
    Im guessing this game is just completely dead eh? It seems like the devs dont care one bit about the game or community, and they havent really tried to patch up bugs.
    If I got into it I just have this looming feeling that in a couple months, ill try to log in and find out its canceled.....or play it for one day and stop because the games lacking.
    1. is there seriously a actual population of players? or just some high lvl guilds....dont BS around
    There is a very healthy player population and a good amount of guilds to choose from. We are all currently excited and building our guildhalls, so there is alot of bustling of activity going on.
    2. Have the devs actually been taking community suggestions into consideration, do they really fix bugs? But more importantly, if I put time into this game....does it actually have a future for staying alive? or should i just wait till it dies, then becomes a f2p
    Yes the Devs do listen to the community and make regular patches to the game and fix problems. Just recently they added Guildhalls to the game which once built allow players to colonize other boards and create their own settlements. Yes RV has a very bright future.

• philjwillphiljwill Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by Vepgenus

There is a very healthy player population and a good amount of guilds to choose from. We are all currently excited and building our guildhalls, so there is alot of bustling of activity going on.
    Yes the Devs do listen to the community and make regular patches to the game and fix problems. Just recently they added Guildhalls to the game which once built allow players to colonize other boards and create their own settlements. Yes RV has a very bright future.

That does kind of depends on what you call healthy...

And yes, they are doing their best to patch stuff etc, I think anyway... But a bright future? I doubt it..

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276

This is a straight up lie, even the Lead Dev doesnt believe this. Anyone saying this is straight face lying as he knows that 100 to 300 people playing an MMO isnt Healthy Population.

You can say what you will about RB trying to make the game better, but dont lie about things like this.

-MrDDT

• KemarikKemarik Member Posts: 122

Adding up what I know to be the active player populations of the roman guilds, we have about 70 to 80 on the roman side who play at least once a week.  I can't speak for the barbarian side.

Considering this low population there is still many things to do in game and adventures to be had.  I honestly think with current game mechanics and the size of the virtual world (900 square kilometers), this game would be thriving with just 500 active players or so.  That's enough for settlements to be built, trade to develop, and a few wars to erupt.  10,000 would be great, but not necessary to breathe life into the world in my opinion.  Of course, 500 players probably wouldn't be enough to get the developer's a real salary yet though.

DDT, this game is very unique.  I would hesitate to declare it not a success if it doesn't have several hundred thousand players.  It can't be measured the same way as say EVE or WoW.

As far as developer response to issues, over the past 15 months I have seen periods where they have been nearly absent (supposedly off coding) and periods where the lead developer is posting in the forums and putting out patches every day. It's a mixed bag but I do honestly feel they are sticking to a plan and performing to that plan as fast as they are able.

Will RV die?  With the population as low as it is now, it's progressing just fine with the flurry of additions the past two months.  RB costs appear to be very low and they don't have stockholders or investors breathing down their necks that I know of.  So, maybe it will only die if KFR walks away from it. 

Originally posted by Kemarik
    Adding up what I know to be the active player populations of the roman guilds, we have about 70 to 80 on the roman side who play at least once a week. I can't speak for the barbarian side.
    Considering this low population there is still many things to do in game and adventures to be had. I honestly think with current game mechanics and the size of the virtual world (900 square kilometers), this game would be thriving with just 500 active players or so. That's enough for settlements to be built, trade to develop, and a few wars to erupt. 10,000 would be great, but not necessary to breathe life into the world in my opinion. Of course, 500 players probably wouldn't be enough to get the developer's a real salary yet though.
    DDT, this game is very unique. I would hesitate to declare it not a success if it doesn't have several hundred thousand players. It can't be measured the same way as say EVE or WoW.
    As far as developer response to issues, over the past 15 months I have seen periods where they have been nearly absent (supposedly off coding) and periods where the lead developer is posting in the forums and putting out patches every day. It's a mixed bag but I do honestly feel they are sticking to a plan and performing to that plan as fast as they are able.
    Will RV die? With the population as low as it is now, it's progressing just fine with the flurry of additions the past two months. RB costs appear to be very low and they don't have stockholders or investors breathing down their necks that I know of. So, maybe it will only die if KFR walks away from it.

You can say what you will, its not me that saying its not. Its RB that saying its not. Do you understand that? With only 100 to 300 active people playing RB cant support the game forever. It will FAIL. It cant stay at this level of people.

So yes RV will die without getting more people, which makes it NOT healthy amount of people.

FACTS.

-MrDDT

Originally posted by MrDDT

Adding up what I know to be the active player populations of the roman guilds, we have about 70 to 80 on the roman side who play at least once a week. I can't speak for the barbarian side.

Considering this low population there is still many things to do in game and adventures to be had. I honestly think with current game mechanics and the size of the virtual world (900 square kilometers), this game would be thriving with just 500 active players or so. That's enough for settlements to be built, trade to develop, and a few wars to erupt. 10,000 would be great, but not necessary to breathe life into the world in my opinion. Of course, 500 players probably wouldn't be enough to get the developer's a real salary yet though.

DDT, this game is very unique. I would hesitate to declare it not a success if it doesn't have several hundred thousand players. It can't be measured the same way as say EVE or WoW.

Will RV die? With the population as low as it is now, it's progressing just fine with the flurry of additions the past two months. RB costs appear to be very low and they don't have stockholders or investors breathing down their necks that I know of. So, maybe it will only die if KFR walks away from it.

You can say what you will, its not me that saying its not. Its RB that saying its not. Do you understand that? With only 100 to 300 active people playing RB cant support the game forever. It will FAIL. It cant stay at this level of people.

So yes RV will die without getting more people, which makes it NOT healthy amount of people.

FACTS.

Considering this game is being developed by a small independant team with a limited budget for advertising the game is doing very well. It's not the fault of the Roman side that you Freemen can't keep people involved in the game but hopefully Brutix can fix that.

FACT is DDT you like to argue with any statement i make, so i'm not going into a huge debate with you here cause i've got alot of work to do.

Cheers Babycakes

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

I guess I'll make a new post, the title of this thread is pretty lousy...

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

FACTS.

Considering this game is being developed by a small independant team with a limited budget for advertising the game is doing very well. It's not the fault of the Roman side that you Freemen can't keep people involved in the game but hopefully Brutix can fix that.

FACT is DDT you like to argue with any statement i make, so i'm not going into a huge debate with you here cause i've got alot of work to do.

Cheers Babycakes

UM....WTF does someone being roman and barb have ANYTHING to do with if the game will be successful or not?

Originally posted by MrDDT You can say what you will, its not me that saying its not. Its RB that saying its not. Do you understand that? With only 100 to 300 active people playing RB cant support the game forever. It will FAIL. It cant stay at this level of people.
    FACTS.
    Cheers Babycakes

So you are saying that RB is doing very well? Odd because thats NOT what the Lead Dev is saying, as they are about to remarket it to people again after this update because they are NOT doing well.

Yes it must be MY fault that the freemen side is failing also, as I dont play a broken game all that much anymore.

Yes please get back on the RV forums and cry more about how you cant finish your GH, while others are almost done or are done.
    Then please go verm so more so you can help pay the money for the servers as many other people are still waiting for a game thats promised on release and still havnt got it yet.

My bad all those freemen out there MY BAD!!!

-MrDDT

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

FACTS.

Cheers Babycakes

LOL anything below 1000 is considered NOT HEALTHY, and anything considered under 200 is considered a regular ol multiplayer. I can play with more people in one day in one game on my xbox then i can in a year of playing RV. And like the other person said, it doesnt matter how many people is on each side, it matters how many people are IN THE GAME. You are in some kind of sick ass denial i dont think anybody has ever seen. Also lieing to people to get them to play is horrible. The game is lagged to hell (well maybe not now due to the VERY low pop) and its pretty much a single player game as far as an MMO goes. This is the only game where i have logged in, and in 1 minute said ... "ok now what do i do?" there arent even quests ffs!

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

yeah its like I figured...I should prolly wait until they give up and someone does a f2p or something

I play all ghame

Originally posted by tvalentine

FACTS.

Cheers Babycakes

LOL anything below 1000 is considered NOT HEALTHY, and anything considered under 200 is considered a regular ol multiplayer. I can play with more people in one day in one game on my xbox then i can in a year of playing RV. And like the other person said, it doesnt matter how many people is on each side, it matters how many people are IN THE GAME. You are in some kind of sick ass denial i dont think anybody has ever seen. Also lieing to people to get them to play is horrible. The game is lagged to hell (well maybe not now due to the VERY low pop) and its pretty much a single player game as far as an MMO goes. This is the only game where i have logged in, and in 1 minute said ... "ok now what do i do?" there arent even quests ffs!

LOL Go play WoW or LoTR Online then. Quests! lol good lord. If you find a good clan to hang around with you will have buddies to talk to and hang out with. If your a loner/powergamer your going to have a hard time.

yeah its like I figured...I should prolly wait until they give up and someone does a f2p or something

Your going to have a long wait then but this MMO is probably not your cup of tea anyways. Good luck finding a game that fits you.

• CapnSwallowsCapnSwallows Member Posts: 47

I want a straight  up honest answer  Vep, none  of  this  I  am too busy crap, no pathetic insults followed by a smiley face, why did you straight up lie to a newcomer about the game,when he clearly said NO bs, you know as well as everyone else RV does not have a healthy population. Before this I have only seen you answer with blind fanboi faith,but lie?

Edit: Accidently put in the quote,my bad,it was me who posted the outer box.

I didn't lie i answered from my POV, I am by nature a very optimistic person and head of the largest guild in RV currently. If you didn't like my answer thats not my problem. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Thanks.

• philjwillphiljwill Member Posts: 80

I didn't lie i answered from my POV, I am by nature a very optimistic person and head of the largest guild in RV currently. If you didn't like my answer thats not my problem. We are all entitled to our own opinions.
    Thanks.

Optimistic with your member figures too, vepgenus?

• CapnSwallowsCapnSwallows Member Posts: 47

Thanks.

Opinions only go so far, but when they are as unrealistic as this, people call it denial.

• KruniacKruniac Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by CapnSwallows

Thanks.

Opinions only go so far, but when they are as unrealistic as this, people call it denial.

I assure you - this game looks like NYC after nuclear annhilation - no one is around. When I played it was "populated", and that meant 10 people in the barb hometown, maybe one or two on surrounding boards, and around five on "player ran" boards.

Now that KFR has banned hardcore players, the population should be even lower. Its going south quickly.

Originally posted by Kruniac

Originally posted by CapnSwallows

Thanks.

I assure you - this game looks like NYC after nuclear annhilation - no one is around. When I played it was "populated", and that meant 10 people in the barb hometown, maybe one or two on surrounding boards, and around five on "player ran" boards.

Now that KFR has banned hardcore players, the population should be even lower. Its going south quickly.

People get banned for a reason.

The game is not going south quickly the guilds are just spread out now creating thier own home settlements.

• StugramStugram Member Posts: 18

Yep, so now the entire game suffers from the main problem the barbarian faction has had all along, a dispersed population.

Newb logs on sees 0 - 10 people thinks, boy this mmo is dead - I want a refund.

Strangely enough, the game is actually in more of a playable state which would be acceptable to more MMO gamers, with more features than it ever has been. And is still the most 'sandbox' game out (though nerfed in some areas) yet it has a lower population than I have ever seen.

If anything, the spreading out following Guildhalls won't save the game, it will doom it.

Originally posted by Stugram

Yep, so now the entire game suffers from the main problem the barbarian faction has had all along, a dispersed population.
    Newb logs on sees 0 - 10 people thinks, boy this mmo is dead - I want a refund.
    Strangely enough, the game is actually in more of a playable state which would be acceptable to more MMO gamers, with more features than it ever has been. And is still the most 'sandbox' game out (though nerfed in some areas) yet it has a lower population than I have ever seen.
    If anything, the spreading out following Guildhalls won't save the game, it will doom it.

I know for the 18th once we are done with our devices and other things we plan to keep a presence in Corst for recruiting reasons. I would expect the other Roman Guilds will do the same.

Originally posted by Kruniac

One has nothing to do with the other. They were banned as they should be, there are so few people in RV because the game isnt or shouldnt have been released yet, it should be in beta.

-MrDDT

The game is not going south quickly the guilds are just spread out now creating thier own home settlements.

Yes I agree the game isnt going south quickly as it already did that a few months ago, now its just slowing going south.

-MrDDT