Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hello

hakufu17hakufu17 Member Posts: 5

so what is this game about have not played it i spend most of my time on guildwars but was think about trying some new games

is this 1 any good?

Comments

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

There is a free 14 day trial, no creditcard needed, client is not too big and they have good DL link so just try it out for yourself. Simple.

Game is good, but if you'll like it's a whole new matter. It's not for everyone, that's for sure... and it can be bit overwhelming at start but tutorial is very good and should give you the basics. I suggest visiting official EvE-O forum and just dig in to it, loads of useful threads - from character creation to skill training, combat, mining and all aspect of life in EvE.

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • GundaharGundahar Member Posts: 25

As stated prior this game is not for everyone. Dont expect instant gratification. Find yourself a good empire mission running or mining corp to get you started. Focus on all your learning skills so you can train the rest of your skills a lot more efficiently. Use the help channel in game to answer all your questions. People in there are usually very nice and helpful. If you want anymore help or advice I can give it to you just join channel :  D-L and Co

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649
    Originally posted by Gundahar

As stated prior this game is not for everyone. Dont expect instant gratification. Find yourself a good empire mission running or mining corp to get you started. Focus on all your learning skills so you can train the rest of your skills a lot more efficiently. Use the help channel in game to answer all your questions. People in there are usually very nice and helpful. If you want anymore help or advice I can give it to you just join channel :  D-L and Co

Or do what Drsmash did and get into an alliance early on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• greywolf8404greywolf8404 Member Posts: 123

Welcome aboard, hope you have fun. Eve is unlike anyother MMO out there, It's far more like real life. It is what you make of it. Try to hook up with Eve University they should be happy to entertain any of your questions in game.

"And thus I clothe my naked villany/ with old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ/ and seem a saint when most I play the devil." Shakespeare's Richard III Act I Scene 3.

• AdardowenAdardowen Member UncommonPosts: 69

This is a very difficult game to get into. It will take you some time to learn and account for all the various nuances of combat. However, the game does ease you into it somewhat. Your first AI enemies will be weak and stupid, but as you go into lower and lower security areas, the enemies will be more numerous, with more powerful ships and equipment, and also force you to specialize, as they will be using special equipment against you (like target and warp jammers)

It takes time, but many corporations are very helpful (it is in their best interest that you useful afterall) and the corp AND the people in it will contribute to your success in EVE.

Just remember that every person you do something to is likely in a player corporation. Good or bad, that whole corporation will bill you with a reputation based on your interactions with each individual. Be an honest trader and honorable fighter, and they will remember you for that. Pop mining vessels, pod-kill pilots, and in-general act like a moral-less idiot, and that corp will remember you too. No man is invisible in EVE.

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/14/setView/features/loadFeature/1535

This will give you the basic idea of what you'll go through.

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...