Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More MMO Elements Now

2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198

According to the 3 good questions that this site was able to ask the Guild Wars Dev Team for the new Fansite Friday Event now Guild Wars is gonna have the options to go into the once Solo areas of the game with up to 8 ppl. This sort of enhances the MMO aspect of the game if players decide to want to go the long way from place to place or just plain do some hunting without quest objectives can now do it either alone or with up to 8 ppl.

I personally never though they could have done anything that would make me even more crazed to play some more of the game but now the anticipation has become even more painfull. I could only wish they had some sort of a due date out so i can pace myself to last the duration of it.

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

Comments

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

I know what you mean man. I am looking forward to this so much. Looks like it has great promise. That update you mentioned is very cool, can't wait to see how it works. Go GW =D

Waiting for Guild Wars XD

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

I think that this implimentation of being able to go into the "Solo" area now is great, but brings problems imo with this games style. They are going to need to make the Solo areas a little larger and work on there enviromental mapping and structure layouts. Alot of the complex areas seemed less designed and more put together/randomly generated. Don't take that to heart people and start flameing me, but there were alot of times the enviroment seemed detached from the avatar. But overall this game looks like it is developing amazingly!

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

• GaileGrayGaileGray ArenaNet Community Mngr.Member Posts: 72

DaShiz, No offense taken because of your comments about the game as you played it during E3. You make valid points! There is a lot of work to be done between alpha and release, and you can be sure we'll be taking all the feedback and all the concerns and using them to focus on an even better title.

I like the feel of the Ascalon "wide open spaces." I think it's intentionally designed to feel that way. There are other regions, though, such as the jungle, where that feeling just isn't present and you get another sensation altogether, like a closed-in oppressive feeling, that feeling that no matter how hard you run you can't break out into those space. For the snowy regions, the "look and feel" is qujite different than the other two area types.

So look for a real variety to the regions, and a polished presentation of all of them when Guild Wars comes out.

Gaile Gray
    Community Relations Manager
    ArenaNet
    www.guildwars.com & www.arena.net

Gaile Gray
    Community Relations Manager
    ArenaNet
    www.guildwars.com & www.arena.net

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

Gaile Gray,  Thnx for entertaining my comments upon the games structure.  I'm glad you guys at Areana.Net are makeing attempts to focus on all of the feedback and concerns you have recieved since the E3 for everyone event, it is just amazing to see that you guys take into account the player bases jumbled oppinions while your developing this game.  Also, I was wondering if you read my comments upon this post:  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/setstart/1/loadthread/14935/loadforum/511/loadclass/175

And what you think of my suggestions?

Also, I loved your guys design for Ascalon and the Jungle area, but like I said I had some concerns as to it's immersive ability from some of the layout.  I understand that it was only Alpha, which is amazing none the less, but had to put my two cents out there hopeing it would make an impact.

Thnx again for reading the forums and giving the player base feedback.

• 2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198

Mr Gaile Gray first off thx for responding to this post.

I would like to rspond to the question you posed during your fansite friday interview where you said "What do we call them, now?" refering to the new change to the solo area.

In my best opinnion since i firmly believe that this has add some MMO elements to the game since basically if im not mistaken you can pretty much go the distance from place to place then it has a outer world map feel to it so why not call it something along those lines

World Map- Ascalon , World Map- Jungle  or maybe without even the 'world map ' in front just the names of the places that the players would be in.

If not any of those then my second option would be something like ' optional area ' since you have the option to go from Solo up to 8 players if you want ( im hoping this is correct )

Plz if you have the time post your comment on this Mr Gray. thx

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

• YasardogleYasardogle Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I liked the solo area a lot. I found myself running around in there a lot more than I would normally on another game. I liked sending my avatar in the area and finding everthing that was hidden in all the corners and niches; finding new NPCs and areas. I liked how I could do the same basic stuff of the team maps but by myself, at my own pace.

---
    "I'm really sick of elves, dwarves, and orcs. They can all climb into a pinto and back into a wall for all I care."