Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A game with as much skills as Runescape?

stuthetwattstuthetwatt Member Posts: 2

From what ive seen alot of you dont like runescape, but ive tried other mmorg's ( Silkroad, Rappelz, Dungeon Runners and Mythwar ) and most are mainly combat based. What i like about runescape is the amount of skills involved only 7 are combat based the other 16 are mainly skills used to create other items. With other games they say they have so many skills but all are combat based for example many games have different levels for different types of magic ( fire, water, earth etc. ), but runescape has one level for all magic. One more thing just about all games give xp points but many just give you xp for fighting creatures and this xp can go towards any skill, runescape however only gives you xp for the skill if u are using the skill.

So does anyone know of any similar games, they dont need to be browser based and the level of graphics is optional concidering runescape has pretty horrible graphics. All im looking for is a game with many skills so i dont get bored leveling the same things all the time.

Comments

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

You wont find anything like Runescape anywhere

Its pretty much unique, there IS NOTHING like it.

Sad thing is im done with it, 4-5 years was a large period of time to play that game and now im burned out. Main reason being I used to play with like 30-50 people from my school. Now most of them have moved on, and/or quit.

• chrisatronchrisatron Member Posts: 139

FFxi has loads of skills wich you can learn =D

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Check out UO. It has more skills than even Runescape. (Over 50)

guide.uo.com/skills.html

-------------------------

• DJDizzyDJDizzy Member Posts: 119

EVE Online has probably the biggest skill count of any game

Your culture will adapt to serve us.
    Resistance is futile

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Yep, as has been mentioned Ultima Online and Eve Online are the only two mainstream SKILL based games. Asheron's Call is a hybrid. Everything else is level/class based

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

wurmonline would be worth a look.   most of it is crafting and city building though.  free option as well though your skills are limited.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• stickmstickm Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Pyrostasis

Yep, as has been mentioned Ultima Online and Eve Online are the only two mainstream SKILL based games. Asheron's Call is a hybrid. Everything else is level/class based

ya but EVE you dont actually train skills you just set them to train automatically then log off for a few days.

• junerianjunerian Member Posts: 60

RS IMHO is a good game to play for a few months if it's your first MMO it's a very good game to babystep into the MMO world but once your above a certain age or played RS for a bit (or just a more experienced MMO player) there's much better choices...if your into skills and crafting check out Vanguard...it might be what you looking for.

Once again all that RS stuff is imo and most people either love RS or hate it not to much of a middle ground.