Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I?

Jtrav1987Jtrav1987 Member Posts: 79

I played Everquest back in the day.  As in 1999 till about 2002 or '03.  I really enjoyed it, especially my last time through.  I got my Halfling Rogue to lvl 60, though I didn't do any Planes of Power or anything like that.  I just loved the group aspect and setting up a single camp site in the game.  Having to pull mobs to a certain spot for the group, rather than all of this instance nonsense.  Now I realize the times have changed and people now want the instances and the hardcore pvp, but I was wondering.  Should I even bother returning to EQ? I've played WoW, EQ, EQII, SWG, and I'm currently playing CoX.  I just miss the good old days of this game, Paludal Caverns, LOIO (Lake of Ill Omen), all of that.  Are those days dead?  Do people play this game anymore?  I just want a straight up answer, not a roundabout coax to get me back haha.

Comments

• dstanzlerdstanzler Member Posts: 21

No; I share your sentiments completely, but I think that EQ1 is dead. I am partially part of the EQ community here at mmorpg.com for the nostalgia posts and the discussions of how good it was. You might want to try SoD, see how that rubs you. For me, it was too barren.

• LucifrankLucifrank Member Posts: 355

I think there is still a relatively healthy EQ community out there--but I think it's very endgame focused. If that's what you're interested in, I'm sure you could jump back in. But I'd say if you're starting fresh, you might as well take a stab at a more current game. Even with updates and patches, by today's standards, EQ is going to seem pretty dated. I was never a fan to begin with, so I don't have much more advice to offer. I did find a solid podcast on itunes called "EQual Perspectives" which is co-hosted by a current EQ player and a current EQ2 player which might give you better insight into the current in-game state of EQ.

• kestorkestor Member Posts: 37

Yes, there is still a solid community for the mid -end game.

Like usual in MMO and specially for a veteran game like Everquest, you will find the low-mid population concentrated on the 'best/fast' road progression to the end game, currently TSS zones where you can level from 1 to 75.

Off course, you will find the occasional 'returning/nostalgia'  or new explorer/adventurer players in the old world zones.

Building your friends list day after day is still the best way i found  to enjoy any MMO.

Good luck !