Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQII...quality roleplaying experience or immature community?

ElendorkElendork Member Posts: 40

Hello again...

I've been researching EQII these past few weeks. The official server forums for the RP servers give the impression that EQII has a strong RP presence and mature community. However, in my experience of researching MMO"s through official forums I've noticed that they don't always give an accurate interpretation of what the game actually plays like.

So my question is do hese RP servers have a quality roleplaying experience? Can you share some roleplaying experiences?

Thanks!

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

The community is the best part. As for rp, well I don't play it for the rp but I've heard its good from other players.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

From what I have heard, the best option is to join a guild...but another of the best features for EQ2 is the RP flag...easily tell if anyone is RP'ing by color, and if you click their name, you will see the tag "Roleplaying" below their name...

They will be ready to converse in the RP manner sire...

Oops...hehe...caught me RP'ing

Also, choose Antonia Bayle as your server...heavily populated, and the best RP community...

Cheers!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

in fairness,

the rp flag is used for more than that

if you are anon - people cannot see your class or your guild  (unless they inspect you)

if you are rp - people CAN see your guild but not your class

im never anon - but when playing my druid (warden) I'm always RP to cut down on tells from people that want a healer to join their group.

• ElendorkElendork Member Posts: 40

I've heard about the Antonia Bayle server.

I ask these questions only because my only experience in RPing has been in WoW, and most of the time there wasn't much RPing. When there was RPing, I always thought it was very epic and dramatic.