Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARRRGGH!!! @ Blizzard/WoW (it won't work)

JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

EDIT: i got it working. the buddy key i got must just be bogus. i got made a trial account on the eu wow site which worked.

So I buy this game. *excited* I wait out the installation. go to play but no... wait for patches. go to play but no... wait for patches 3rd time. go to play but no game account not recognised. i made a trial account off the blizzard site (one where you don't need a key), and it doesn't work. after making that account it tells you to download the game. so i click here and it is currently downloading the game (i figured i might need that version to use trial). but during download it says this is the full version of the game and so you won't need to download the game again. but durrrr you are downloading the game again. wtf. so pretty pissed off. i decide to try the buddykey i got in the game, try upgrading my account thing, so maybe its recognised when i go to play. but no that does work either. i checked it many times. the 0's could be either letters or numbers, i tryed both, i typed it out in capitals, i tired every combo, but nope. so now i am downloading the game a second time, since i have no other options. I am NOT using my 30 key because I cannot play for 30 days. so would be a WASTE. https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/10dayfreetrial.htm I have done steps 1 & 2. step 3 "play" won't work. i have the full game all patches.

My blog: image

Comments

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    I have figured out part of the problem. the free trial is only for US version it seems. the version i downloaded is UK. thats why its downloading it twice because 2nd is US version.

but again my buddy key won't work when i try to create an account on the UK site.

My blog: image

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Darn, I thought this thread was about pirates....   

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

3 weeks ago, my friend got this game ( 6 disc box ) went to install it did 3 patches and error. he did this 2x still NG. So I went over his house and loaded my 5 disc version I got 2 years ago. Did all the patches and used his key with my disc, and it worked. 

So If you know anyone with disc use them with your key and you may be ok !, I would delete everything from wow before you start .