Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finding groups ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I took a year off, came back and they added the LFG thing in the interface panel. I hate this thing because I like to start groups and it seems as if no one uses it !, or maybe I just don't understand the damm thing.

Anyway I just like the lfg channal in the chat but still can't get any response like i used too for instances, maybe its me or a bad server.

So I would like to spam other players BUT I just cant figure out how to get a list of ALL players. If I type /who I only get the list of the city i'm in, How do I get a list of all players ? 

Please help :(  

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

shit, i did not use the WOW forums :

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

What good would a list of all players be?  You gonna message each one individually?

What exactly is the problem with the LFG button?  What server are you on?  What are you trying to get a group for?  An instance?  Which one?  If you took a year off, I'm guessing that you don't have the expansion.  If that's true it may be tough to find a group.  A lot of people are in Outlands.  I would say most are.  So if you are looking for a group in Azeroth, depending on the day of the week, time of day, the server you are on etc, you won't find a lot of takers either using the LFG button or the chat channels.  Not that there's no one, just not as many as there used to be.  You may have to find a good time, the evenings and weekends are usually the best and like I said, Outlands is a much better bet than Azeroth.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Originally posted by page

So I would like to spam other players BUT I just cant figure out how to get a list of ALL players. If I type /who I only get the list of the city i'm in, How do I get a list of all players ? 
    Please help :(  

type "/who Priest  30-40" to get a list of all priests between levels 30 and 40 currently online. Repeat for all classes you want to recruit

thanks anti, that is what I'm looking for :)

thanks anti, that is what I'm looking for :)

I think I know why you're not getting many responses.  Most everyone already has you on ignore. :)

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

So I would like to spam other players

With Pappy on this one, you are more likely to earn an honoured place on many ignore lists by doing this. There is nothing more annoying than getting constant whispers from people asking you to group when you already are or you are in the middle of something else.

There are plenty of people to group with, just chat to people and build up a friends list or find a good guild.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Originally posted by jason_webb

So I would like to spam other players

With Pappy on this one, you are more likely to earn an honoured place on many ignore lists by doing this. There is nothing more annoying than getting constant whispers from people asking you to group when you already are or you are in the middle of something else.

There are plenty of people to group with, just chat to people and build up a friends list or find a good guild.

I think it depends on the server and the time of day. On a mature low-pop server it's not that unusual for there to only be 3-4 people of each class in the level range for an instance. Relying on the LFG channel can easily result in waiting around for hours. So whispering is really the only alternative.

Just be polite and don't whisper anyone who is clearly doing something else (e.g. already in an instance).

I asked my Guild and they told me that our server is kind of low and you can tell after the starting area.. Also Shadowfang Keep is not popular for the Alliance I'm told.

So using antipathy help with " /who priest 30-40  " I was able to find a group fast ( very few turn downs ) It always seemed that ppl. need just a small kick to go places. 

I'm sure by me using the word "spam" must turn ppl. off, but I'm using it in a positave way. as a matter of fact, because of  a few neg. replies to my post I could understand why WOW changed the system because of gold farmers.

In my year off I had played several other games and I was always a take charge type at least if getting groups, even being new to an MMO.. beleave it or not D&D is the second best game of all of them, because its all about instances and there LFG system is by far the best. They use the same LFG in LOTRO however it's not working out as well because its  more quest based.

Well as long as your aware that it could be a problem and use caution, you might be right, that may be the only way to really get something going.  I don't really mind getting a tell to go to an instance every once in a while from random folks, but the chances that I go with them are really really small.

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

the lfg feature would work but people just dont use it..sadly. i think its to easy to just go in to a city and ask in trade channel.