Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just watched the trailer, beautiful, but...

I recently bought a new computer, but I'm nervous that by the time games such as PotBS and AoC come out, I won't be able to play them with my current (new) specs.

Comments

• LucifrankLucifrank Member Posts: 355

Game specs for PoTBS are currently available. I'm pretty sure you can get them at this point on their official site. If not, they're definitely out there somewhere because they've released photos of the game box which has the required and recommended specs printed on the side. I'm pretty confident they've been posted here too. The system specs for AoC will probably remain a mystery until well into the new year, as far as I know.

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772

Windows System XP/Vista, 1.5 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.5 GHz, with 512 MB or more of RAM, 128 MB 3D video card supporting Pixelshader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce 5600 or ATI 9600 or better) and a broadband connection.

Macs - Runs fine on equivalent-specced, Intel-based Macs using x86 system with Microsoft windows drivers (i.e., Bootcamp).

found this from here : http://www.whitewolfclan.net/pobs/review.htm

Same thing is listed on their wiki site, hope that helps.

• SilkwyrmSilkwyrm Member UncommonPosts: 7

Taken from the support page at www.burningsea.com

Minimum: 

- Windows® XP/Vista

- Pentium® IV 1.5 Ghz or greater

- 512 MB RAM

- DirectX 9 Compatible video card - NVidia® GeForce™ FX 5700, ATI® Radeon® 9600, or equivalent with 128MB of texture memory.  The video card must support PixelShader 2.0 and Graphics Shader 2.0.

- DirectSound compatible audio hardware

- Broadband Internet Connection

- 16x DVD-ROM

- 4GB Hard Drive Space 

Recommended: 

- Windows® XP/Vista

- Core Duo 2.0 Ghz or greater

- 1024 MB RAM

- DirectX 9 Compatible video card.  NVIDIA® Geforce™ 6600, ATI® X850, or equivalent with 256MB of texture memory

- DirectSound compatible audio hardware

- Broadband Internet Connection

- 16x DVD-ROM

- 4GB Hard Drive Space

When it comes to figuring out whether your machine will run our game, the most common challenge will lie with your video card. At a bare minimum, a video card must support Pixel Shader 2.0. If you have questions regarding the specifics of your video card, you will want to go the web site of your card's manufacturer, and perform a search on "pixel shader".