Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freeworld: Composer Info & Ingame Music

RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Online Gaming Radio has done a writeup on Scott B. Morton, the Composer for FreeWorld here:

On Music:

"Music, to me, is about pure emotion... and its ability to evoke it in those that hear it. Music is also about color, and about using these colors to further enhance mood. Raw emotion springs from impulse or reaction, so I tend to value these things when I compose. I am an extremely impulsive composer.

I love writing music for games because I believe that music can be most effective when it serves a greater whole - when it is part of a larger art form. And I do believe that interactive entertainment is an art form. I am fascinated with the level of involvement that can stem from a game, drawing a person deeply into a unique world - more than a film ever could. I am excited about the constantly maturing realm of interactive worlds, and I am constantly working to create the music that will help immerse a player further into those worlds."

Also included with the writeup are 10 mp3s of ingame music, 2 of which are exclusive to OGR and have never been released before.  You can download the tracks by clicking here, and visit the official FreeWorld website here.

Richard J. Cox
"There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."