Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tempted... yet again

2»

Comments

• CrocoguyCrocoguy Member Posts: 3

Heh, funny to stumble onto this thread, because i'm experiencing the exact same problem.

Dead bored, having no other game to play, i guess i should reactivate my EvE account.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

Woohoo! I just had my first PvP experience in deep 0.0, it kinda went like this...

Alliance had some big shit planed for this Saturday after the DT. I came to 0.0 HQ about 1 hour before DT, just to get my ship and fittings. I had Incursis, fitted with AB, weber and scrambler, some things for speed in low slots and blaster in high slots... Range on blasters was about 1km so that was shit. I wasn't too worried about doing DPS, I just saw my job as tackler and a number in this great OP.

Right before DT we all got to the system where battle will take place and logged off - it was some shit system with name I never heard off and I wasn't too sure if I'm willing to die for this one... But well, server came back up and we logged in. We covered all 3 gates and well... I was ready to fight! Couldn't wait to see my first PvP. As time went by I started to question this whole OP... Like WTF are we doing here, why we don't attack... Why we don't do something... It turns out we had to like protect our POS or whatever and kill theirs some how... But I guess idea was to camp gates for god knows how long...

So I played with my balls while waiting for whatever to happen... That was fun for about 5 minutes. 2 hours later I got what I wanted - PvP! Yay! Woohoo! Splendid!

Reds started jumping in and some guy was calling targets... I did as I was toled and went on to the target... More and more Reds were in... And last thing I saw was me going to about pack of 50 Reds and I couldn't do anything about it. With about 5 FPM. I could only poke my eyes not to witness a gangbang I was about to get. Lag was nice, I was in pod, after 1 min of clicking like a mad man to get out of bubble (dunno why... I had nothing to lose) my pod finally started to move... 5 sec later I got killed and I spawned in 0.0 HQ. GG!

Great PvP! Loved it! Every frame of it!

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • ssjghostssjghost Member Posts: 4

you should try 200 a side......... the worst stop animation EVER!

• someusersomeuser Member Posts: 16

>>Yes, Gatecamping is boring.

>>The rest you are saying is utter bullshit though. Sorry for the hard words, but im living in 0.0 and do quite >>some pvp..

So how many PvP fights do you have per hour online?

After you have lost your ship. You spend time ratting/mining to get the replacement ISK, time spent flying around to get the replacement modules, then time spent forming a gang and flying around to find a PvP encounter. Most of the potential fights are ruled out because the other gang is too big or if you are much bigger its simply a gank you could do blindfolded.

Its not fights per hour but days per fight. The actual PvP fight lasts 2 minutes and is almost all dependant on the better ship and fittings. You dont use skills its your fitting that counts. Then you have hour after hour with no PvP. You will spend less than 1% of your online time fighting and 99% grinding.

Face it,  as a PvP game, eve sucks. Any PvP game where you spend less than 1% of your time in PvP combat is not a PvP game at all. Real PvPers do that, they refuse to do PvE like mining and trading. This game forces them to spend almost all the time in PvE grinding so real PvPers dont play it. Just because you can PvP does not make it a PvP game. By that standard you would have to call WoW a PvP game, at least there you would get 100x more PvP action per hour than you will ever see in this, the slowest game ever created.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

I was only online about two hours today and Triumvirate didnt want to fight me, but i encountered:

One Crow shooting me, unable to break my tank for about 3 minutes. Then reinforcements came..(my drones werent fast enough for him either. pity..)

One sabre trying to shoot me and a hauler. Called for reinforcements, we both got out.

Several pods coming through (and leaving via podexpress)

The Tri came back with a huge fleet, we couldnt do anything but retreat and get a better gang together (just werent enough). Never got a fight though (pity, but they were too fast)

Several small ships not really worth noting, but a republic fleet firetail that got ripped apart.

A Solo hyperion that got killed by some of us (no bs involved, took some tim to break his tank and he one-salvoed one of our ceptors)

Some more pods and small stuff.

Btw. the average time i need for a new t2-fitted ship is around 15 minutes to half an hour. Normally i let my money work for me and dont go beltratting at all..

And currently a huge Tri gang has taken the system. Well, well