Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archers?

Has that archer patch been released yet? Anyone have the patch notes? How decent are archers now? Is it still possible to power level an archer to 50 to have some fun running around sniping?

Comments

• RegetaRegeta Member Posts: 24

The new archer revamp is big. Talk about BIG.

You have literally tons and tons of abilities now.

By level 13, two full bars (20+) for abilities, and STILL didn't have enough room for them all.

Pretty much you can have any type of arrow you want now, and they are all fired like spells, so it's easier to fire them with fewer mess ups.

Plus all archers get all the buffs, runspeed boost, damage add, etc. etc.

RvR is kinda dead though, even on classic. Level 50 RvR is full of elitists, and the community sucks.

Unless you have a way to solo your own to PL your archer, you're screwed. Guilds will not help PL you unless they know you. They are almost all elitist guilds, self-centered with a "I do for you only to repay what you do for me." attitude, and the community is the opposite of helpful- especially for newbies or those who need help in any way.

If I were you, I'd just go play a Hunter in WoW, because DAoC is dead, the only thing left is the pulsating decaying corpse and disgusting maggots that make up the remainder of the forgotten community.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Im not as defeatist as the last poster. But the archer patch is HUGE and very different from what you may have seen in the patch. A good idea is just logging on and trying the battlegrounds at 20 and 30. A lot of fun to be had in there.

Torrential

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Regeta is upset that no one likes him so you can pretty much ignore him.

Archers have changed a lot.  All three realms now have access to buffs.  The Archery line has a lot of abilities now.  You no longer need to buy arrows.  People have compared Archers to a type of casters now because of it.  At first they were a FOTM class and now not so much.  Some people liked the change and some did not for various reasons.