Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously wtf? (beta)

How can you be on a beta list for 2 years and have above the required system needed and still not have been invited 2 months before the damn game is released , i have been in many beta tests before and i feel let down and somewhat insulted not being picked.

i quite honestly am considering not buying this now ,  i think my money would be better spent buying the new EQ2 expansion and playing my mage again..

i had great expectations for this game and would have given so much feedback , but now i am bitter and i would like nothing better than to see the game flop.  after all it is only Voyage century with some nice graphics..  blahh.

Comments

• centrik91centrik91 Member Posts: 175

1. Stop whining.

2. Not everyone who applies to beta, gets into beta.  And dude, you've had your chances.  Fileplanet offered a beta thing a while ago.

3.  Just cuz u have a great comp doesnt mean you get into beta.  They need a variety of testers to play the game, low end computers, mid end, everything!

4. If you aren't 18, you're not getting into any/most betas. 

• seldinseldin Member UncommonPosts: 196

Why are u being so insulted by not being invited to a beta.  Just because u are not invited should not bea reason to hate a game.  They truly can not incvite everyone and to say you will not play a game because of not being invited seems pretty childish.

• TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513

Are you serious? I've applied for probably close to 100 betas, and been accepted to my fair share, but that has no bearing on whether or not I purchase the game come release time.

You need to calm the heck down, maybe get yourself  a nice warm bottle of milk, and take a few deep breaths.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

We are 3 months away from release.

Just because you signed up early doesnt mean you get a guaranteed invite. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you dont. The earlier you register and the more active you are on the dev forums definitely helps in most betas, but its not a shoe in.

Regardless, due to your comments, and simply the fact you wont buy it cause you didnt get an invite makes me think Karma is at work here.

I want in beta badly, but if they dont give me one Im not going to take my ball and go home... The game is cool regardless of beta access or not, beta is just a nice icing on the cake.

• quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

Originally posted by mrots

How can you be on a beta list for 2 years and have above the required system needed and still not have been invited 2 months before the damn game is released , i have been in many beta tests before and i feel let down and somewhat insulted not being picked.
    i quite honestly am considering not buying this now ,  i think my money would be better spent buying the new EQ2 expansion and playing my mage again..
    i had great expectations for this game and would have given so much feedback , but now i am bitter and i would like nothing better than to see the game flop.  after all it is only Voyage century with some nice graphics..  blahh.

I rate this whine 1.5 of 5 grapes.

It has the classic cry for sympathy at being left out of the beta.  It has the threat of not buying this game.  It has the bogus promise of how much useful data would have been sent, since the beta tester would have been so much an expert that even the devs would have bowed to his knowledge of their system.  Finally, the rationalization that the game isn't any good anyways, so I don't care if I'm in the beta.

Classic form, nothing really jumps out at you though.  I'd have given it a 2, but I have been in beta wait queues for over 2 years, so I'm bitter and want the whiner to feel worse.

• Thomas2641Thomas2641 Member Posts: 143

Maybe you should think again before you utter such harsh words.. Of ourse they cannot invite everyone into beta - and btw, whats so important about being in beta? When you get to play, the game will be finished, which means even better, more polished, etc. Like that other guy said: Calm the #/&%" down!  

• mrotsmrots Member Posts: 106

This post is mearly venting my frustration at being in a beta 'waiting' list for 2 years then seeing people that registerd on the forums in september/october get beta invites.....  i guess i should not have made the post but tbh i'm getting a bit pissed off with it all.

• DefectDefect Member Posts: 246
    Originally posted by quixadhal

I rate this whine 1.5 of 5 grapes.

It has the classic cry for sympathy at being left out of the beta.  It has the threat of not buying this game.  It has the bogus promise of how much useful data would have been sent, since the beta tester would have been so much an expert that even the devs would have bowed to his knowledge of their system.  Finally, the rationalization that the game isn't any good anyways, so I don't care if I'm in the beta.

Classic form, nothing really jumps out at you though.  I'd have given it a 2, but I have been in beta wait queues for over 2 years, so I'm bitter and want the whiner to feel worse.

LMAO

This post is mearly venting my frustration at being in a beta 'waiting' list for 2 years then seeing people that registerd on the forums in september/october get beta invites.....  i guess i should not have made the post but tbh i'm getting a bit pissed off with it all.

Life isn't fair.

Being picked wasn't based on first come first serve.  It was based on luck, and what systems they needed to test.

And you weren't on a 'waiting' list.  They never told you that you WILL get in. 

quixadhal  you are just a classic internetz smart ass . now go play eve , i hear they need some mongs to stare at a gate for 8 hours.

• bluealien1bluealien1 Member Posts: 526

You obviously didn't show what they wanted in a beta tester, get over it.

Mrots, you are in no position to make fun of anyone right now.

Originally posted by centrik91

Mrots, you are in no position to make fun of anyone right now.

centrik91 i thank you for making this comment in my epic thread.

• quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

quixadhal  you are just a classic internetz smart ass . now go play eve , i hear they need some mongs to stare at a gate for 8 hours.

I'm not only an internet smart-ass, I'm one in real life too!

Still, since you mention it, I don't camp gates.  If I wanted to sit around watching something that seldom changes, I'd mine ice and make some cash while doing it.  I much prefer stealing ore from macro miners and losing the occasional kestrel in PvP. :)

Your welcome mrots.

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

How can you be on a beta list for 2 years and have above the required system needed and still not have been invited 2 months before the damn game is released ,

There was a stress test you could have gotten into?

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• CathalaodeCathalaode Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by centrik91

Your welcome mrots.

Oh he's welcome alright, welcome to kiss my... never mind, I'll keep this PG. At least he said it in a nice way. I'm just mad at him about his stupid anti LotRO rants. I'm not a fan of the game, but if you want to trash talk it, then at least divvy up some proof to back up your point right?

• mad_webbiemad_webbie Member Posts: 45

Bah, I feel your frustration. I'm also excited to play this game but it seems that I'm like a cat who keep chasing some ball of strings. Lol, they keep giving you hope about release date and beta this and that then BAAM! Release date was moved. Fall release my a$$!

• FarquaniaFarquania Member Posts: 120
    I agree with op.

This company is an amateur and they don't know how to do anything efficiently.

And I am glad VoyageCentury was noted.

Fun game!

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Farquania
    I agree with op.This company is an amateur and they don't know how to do anything efficiently.And I am glad VoyageCentury was noted.Fun game!
    Your avatar was a wise choice.

• nametaken666nametaken666 Member Posts: 19

I have an awesome computer and answer the beta questionaires to what I think are decent answers. And i have yet to this day been picked for a closed beta. I have probably applied to close to two dozen.

I think your application gets thrown into a certain category based on the type of machine you have. Yes they want shitty ones too, so they can see how their game runs on those machines. And how skilled of a  user you are. They want to see how the tards are going to operate their game.

After you are catergorized (Good machine, non-technical user) for instance then they draw you out randomly.

That is just my best guess at how it works. This might have already been mentioned. I didnt read the the other posts

• bachanambachanam Member Posts: 335

did he really say voyage century? excuse me sir but i think your new reference is She.

No that is insulting to women, lets call him Pat

Voyage Century are you Serious? go play SeaDogs and then come back here crying you little girl, so you didnt get into your prized beta! "oh noez! my megahurtz havez been stoledz!!" grow up, get over it, I would tell you to go spend that money somewhere else but I really hope to rock you ingame

"Sometimes, things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are basically good. Honor, courage, virtue mean everything. Power and money, money and power mean nothing. Good always triumphs over evil. Love, True Love Never Dies."
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

To OP:  Be happy.  Game sucks.  I am serious.  You missed NOTHING.  It is less fun then watching tuna fish spoil -- just about as smelly though.

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439
    Originally posted by nametaken666

I have an awesome computer and answer the beta questionaires to what I think are decent answers. And i have yet to this day been picked for a closed beta. I have probably applied to close to two dozen.
    I think your application gets thrown into a certain category based on the type of machine you have. Yes they want shitty ones too, so they can see how their game runs on those machines. And how skilled of a  user you are. They want to see how the tards are going to operate their game.
    After you are catergorized (Good machine, non-technical user) for instance then they draw you out randomly.
    That is just my best guess at how it works. This might have already been mentioned. I didnt read the the other posts
     has nothing to do with the hamsters you have in your Computer but how many times you apply  like the Gold Farmers and Bots programmers ect ect. For every one you make (Beta Applications) they make 50~100.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

I too have been trying to get into beta for years With no success. This game was schedualed to launch years ago.Promises of massive beta invites that were supposed to happen in late June/early July were made, and not kept. Guess what ? My money for this game  is going into beta....."real soon".POTBS...start holding your breath.