Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community is not just Elitist- but PARANOID! (Weird story inside)

Besides being elitist, the DAoc community is also apparently PARANOID.

I logged into a different server than the one I played on, using a character I had not played since years upon years ago when ToA came out and I left. A character just below level 40 I had as one of my alts. This is the only character I had on this server, and once again I must emphasize I had not played him since before ToA released.

I logged in, and I saw a guild. I immeditely asked to join- and they were nice and accepted me.

5 minutes into joining, and I had said absolutely nothing except "Hello! thanks for the welcome :)"

I got a /tell from the GM saying "This isn't personal, but guilds are so fragile and hard to keep together as it is. I was told in alliance to not allow you specifically to join the guild. I am sorry, it's nothing personal, but they were very specific."

Mind you, I haven't played this character for YEARS and 20 minutes after longing in, without having said a word, I was told an alliance member said "Do not allow [insert my character's name] in your guild, [insert story? or maybe not]".

I asked why this happened, as I was rather confused, not having logged in until now. Perhaps they are mistaken and it's someone with a similar name? Nope, it was me specifically! How is this possible when I hadn't logged in for YEARS? YEARS!!!!!!!

The GM apologized as he explained how "fragile" guilds are and how "one member can easily break the entire guild" and that he "had to look out for the guild and couldn't allow me in because the alliance member was specific about my name."

He said "I'll look into it." Realizing there was nothing to look into since I couldn't have possibly done anything wrong, I replied, "No thanks, I'll look elsewhere."

So I log into a character I haven't played for years upon years, and immeditely get kicked out of a guild because of a mistaken identity? Or perhaps I did something years upon years ago when I was 15 and someone still held the grudge and remembered me? LOL.

I don't know what went on, but a specific guildmaster from another guild said in alliance not to allow me, being specific about my level and class. I told the GM "Anyone can know my level and class, just do /who." But he kept explaining how "fragile" guilds are and how it isn't anything personal.

Talk about paranoid..........

Comments

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

thats so weak stuff man, i had the same thing happen to me on Igraine on my 40 ranger but the thing with me is i never really talked when i played my ranger except one time when i was lfg ( this was far before NF and ToA) and someone gave me crap for it, but all I know is I never touch the old servers with my old toons anymore I find it meaningless since the classic server are just much more entertaining.

• ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472

Most likely a case of someone with a name like yours having a bad Rep.

There could be other reasons though, maybe they decided they didn't want a level 40 or thought you were an alt of someone in the guild, then realized you weren't afterwards.

He most likely made up the whole story about the "alliance" so you wouldn't feel bad for the outright rejection, by lying and blaming this 3rd party so he could feel guilt free.

Classic case of an emo elitist puting down someone with less /played time in a game thats utterly skill-less.

• MontenagroMontenagro Member Posts: 14

Erm prolly not Elitist as you seem to be thinking.

more plausable senario is that of the one stated (they thought you where someones alt) and tried to let you down gently.

or a guild newbie invited you (one that isnt supposed to be inviting) and the GM found out, and didnt want you.

Perhaps he thought you where level XX, and you where only level X,  so he booted you, trying not to hurt your feelings too much.

Perhaps he didnt like the way you introduced yourself to the guild....

perhaps he didnt want anymore people in his guild...

perhaps... ect...ect...ect....

the reasons are as numerous as Thoughts in a persons head. 

But you got kicked... so what?   you said you had been only playing for 20 minutes.  keep playing find another guild.

• Chip194Chip194 Member Posts: 56

You were  removed kindly from a guild you had just joined by for all we know 1 person and not a collaberation. 

The daoc community is "elitist" ?  How was that act elitist and 2) how does 1 person's actions automatically become "the community" ?

I'm baffled.....