Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bonus Mission Pack

DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

Due to the recent article about GW's upcoming Bonus MIssion Pack ... BMP ... I had a question concerning it.  Apparently the BMP is going to cover 4 soloable missions about GW's history.  One during Prophecies era, one for Factions, one for Nightfall, & lastly one leading into the GW2 storyline.  Will a player need all of the campaigns to access all of the BMP content or will 1 campaign be sufficient???  I tried finding the answer at the GW support forums but was unable.  Thank you to anyone that can answer.  I don't play GW much anymore, but this BMP did interest me a little. 

Comments

• AetaryaAetarya Member Posts: 24

I don’t remember reading anything stating if certain chapters were needed or not to play BMP.

I assume that you do not need all or any particular chapter. Just need an account.

http://www.guildwars.com/products/extras/missionpack/

The Bonus Pack will only be available to the exact account that fulfills this promotion in the in-game store or the exact account on which a qualifying Guild Wars product is activated that has been purchased in the PlayNC store.
    This to me states that the BMP will be applied to the Guildwars account that fulfills the in-game store $29 USD (€26/£17) requirement, meaning you just need a Guildwars account to get it.

I’m sure they would mention something as important as needing all chapters, otherwise they’d end up with a lot of angry players that would complain that they were misinformed. image

It also wouldn’t be smart for them to limit something like that to just those that own everything of Guildwars, since they’d get more money by giving the promotion to anyone with a Guildwars account. But that’s my opinion.

I guess this might not be an official statement of some sorts that states exactly if you need all of the chapters or not, which you were probably looking for, but I hope this helps in some way.

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195

Concerning the Bonus mission back—  a big fan of guild wars, such as myself, who bought  Eyes of the north at eb games because i don't have a credit card to buy the game in their in-game store. I feel like I'm being cheated out of this bonus because of the fact that i don't have a credit card. Is there any other way i can get a hold of this bonus mission pack?

• AetaryaAetarya Member Posts: 24

well I've read on the guildwarsguru forums that people without credit cards have been getting the BMP by using pre-paid credit cards.

There have also been polls and stuff from ANet on fansite forums about some other payment options months (years?) ago, but I guess no new payment options have been added still.

There are some that believe ANet will allow people to purchase the BMP later as well, but I'm sure that buying it would still have to be through the in-game store since the BMP is a small add-on.

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

Thanks Aetarya,

I was following a similar path of thought about it not making sense to limit it's access to only those with all 3 campaigns unless it was explicitly mentioned.

Nonetheless, it would be nice for it to officially be stated with the other BMP information.  I too believe that eventually it will be available in some form ... maybe as content on a final GW compilation release with all 3 campaigns, EotN, & the BMP. 

• GiantRyanGiantRyan Member Posts: 6

ya I think to get the BMP you do have to buy it from the GW store. Thas why I bought my NF and factions on it with my mom's credit card :P. As that other guy was saying tho I wouldn't doubt it as beign an upgrade that you are able to purchase and add to your account later.

O ya and also I'm sure you only need one of the campaigns to be able to do all the pieces for the BMP. As ppl as said earlier they would ahve mentioned something bout needing all 3 to do it if thas how it was gonan go down :D

• kanni1990kanni1990 Member Posts: 1

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Right, lets clear this up now...   if you bought £17/26Euroes/$29 worth of ANYTHING from the ingame store, between July 1st and October 31st this year (finished on wednesday night last week), then no matter what you have, you get the BMP when it released some time this month...

imageimage

• kegboyiikegboyii Member Posts: 103

It is required that you only own at least ONE of the campaigns in order to be able to play the BMP, aside from the other obvious requirements such as purchases. Access to the BMP is given through a special NPC due to be implemented. This does not include the PvP packs mind you, however, if you purchased a PvP pack to qualify, your account WILL HAVE ACCESS to the BMP. You just have to still own a campaign in order to play it.

Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it!

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by kegboyii

It is required that you only own at least ONE of the campaigns in order to be able to play the BMP, aside from the other obvious requirements such as purchases. Access to the BMP is given through a special NPC due to be implemented. This does not include the PvP packs mind you, however, if you purchased a PvP pack to qualify, your account WILL HAVE ACCESS to the BMP. You just have to still own a campaign in order to play it.
    Not quite right

We still don't know how people will have access tot he BMP content...

Besides the fact that theres no way of making a full PvP Unlock Pack only account anyway (unless you made an ingame store account and only bought the PvP packs from a trial key, but I doubt ANYONE has ever done that

imageimage

• kegboyiikegboyii Member Posts: 103

You do have to own atleast one of the campaigns. The NPC "Teller of Tales" was going to be added before or after the halloween event, but there were problems. If you dont have access to a campaign, but have spent the required amount via the in-game store, you get the access key for the BMP, it's just useless until you purchase a campaign.

Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it!