Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking at the game again, questions

I bought this game release day with high hopes and all seemed ok. soon after I started playing I quit because I just couldn't bring myself to cope with the laggy attack system. basically, coming from wow I'm used to pressing a button and either having an attack happen instantly or least have a cast bar pop up instantly. it seemed like the game was just too uninvolved for me and I went back to wow.

be any miracle of a chance has this changed? if this was fixed I'd probably ditch wow happily to start up again. let me know!

Comments

  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by justinope


    I bought this game release day with high hopes and all seemed ok. soon after I started playing I quit because I just couldn't bring myself to cope with the laggy attack system. basically, coming from wow I'm used to pressing a button and either having an attack happen instantly or least have a cast bar pop up instantly. it seemed like the game was just too uninvolved for me and I went back to wow.
    be any miracle of a chance has this changed? if this was fixed I'd probably ditch wow happily to start up again. let me know!



    God, no fortunately. Let's hope they will keep it that way. But I agree combat is missing some very special abilities like chain reactions (only a few are in now) or passive combinations - order of selected abilities (that are none).

    REALITY CHECK

  • justinopejustinope Member Posts: 46

    so its not fixed and you enjoy that reaction times don't matter. I seeee thanks

  • openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

    Originally posted by justinope


    so its not fixed and you enjoy that reaction times don't matter. I seeee thanks

    Are you discussing how there was some stuttering as attacks started, or a slight delay when you would enter combat? I was always disappointed in that as well...but chalked it up to performance issues with my system...

    How about the rest of the game...did it seem to run fine? Besides areas like Bree for example..

    People have noted their issues with the combat animations for LOTRO, AC2...which both run on the same engine (except for improvements in LOTRO)...but the animation issues still seemed to exist...

    Would this be the concern? If so, it still is there for now...(last time I tested was two weeks ago for a trial)

    Sorry...and cheers!

  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

    Yes If i want to play a reaction-based game I would jump for RTS of FPS game not a mmorpg.

    But still, WoW is a reaction game? I found it pretty slow, you still get "out of reach" messages and you don't really need to aim your spells or whatever. Just press 1,2,1,2,3,3,1,...

    REALITY CHECK

  • justinopejustinope Member Posts: 46

    Originally posted by openedge1


     
     
    Are you discussing how there was some stuttering as attacks started, or a slight delay when you would enter combat? I was always disappointed in that as well...but chalked it up to performance issues with my system...
    How about the rest of the game...did it seem to run fine? Besides areas like Bree for example..
    People have noted their issues with the combat animations for LOTRO, AC2...which both run on the same engine (except for improvements in LOTRO)...but the animation issues still seemed to exist...
    Would this be the concern? If so, it still is there for now...(last time I tested was two weeks ago for a trial)
    Sorry...and cheers!

    that would be precisely it. my system specs are above average so I know its not that but all the same its really annoying enough to keep me from playing the game. there are just some things you can't cope with

  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

    Its the way the game is. Not a problem of engine nor anything else. They want to have it a bit slower. The point is that a general cooldown of all abilities is equal to your weapon speed. So if you have a weapon with 2.5 seconds speed you can use an ability only every 2.5 seconds, simple as that. Its not a key bashing, and you have to actually think which ability to use because you everytime has much more available than you can use. Whereas in WoW you just smash keys everytime they are ready.

    REALITY CHECK

  • openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

    Originally posted by Thillian


    Yes If i want to play a reaction-based game I would jump for RTS of FPS game not a mmorpg.
    But still, WoW is a reaction game? I found it pretty slow, you still get "out of reach" messages and you don't really need to aim your spells or whatever. Just press 1,2,1,2,3,3,1,...

    Yea...check the OP's reply...I thought he meant something different than what your thinking..

    Combat was good in LOTRO...but it was the animations issues, and how every time you would enter combat, the hard drive would slog away, and the character would stutter as it went to attack..

    That was on a high end system even...no matter how much ram, the speed of your drive, etc...

    Last I tried it, it still happened..but, maybe the fix they did in DDO will come in Book 11 for LOTRO, where this issue totally disappeared...I was quite impressed with DDO's combat now..

    Cheers!

     

  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

    Yeh DDo has best combat out there undoubtedly. But hardly usable in a games like Lotro or AC2.

    I dont have any issue with animation before combat or something. And I didnt notice any weird slowness of it apart from the fact the general cooldown is based on your weapon speed.

    REALITY CHECK

  • openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

    Originally posted by Thillian


    Yeh DDo has best combat out there undoubtedly. But hardly usable in a games like Lotro or AC2.
    I dont have any issue with animation before combat or something. And I didnt notice any weird slowness of it apart from the fact the general cooldown is based on your weapon speed.

    I apologize...we are not discussing the mechanics of combat.,..we are discussing the performance...

    I agree that DDO combat would not work in LOTRO...but our discussion is on performance, which is kinda wonky..

    Sorry

Sign In or Register to comment.