Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Animations any better?

arrisbarrisb Member UncommonPosts: 194

Hey guys,

This is a serious question for people currently playing SWG.

Have they fixed animations yet?  Or are they STILL stab, stab, poke, stab, poke?

Comments

• stab, stab, poke, swing, poke, stab,  twirl, stab, stab, poke, swing, stab, poke.  

No, the animation is no where near as good as it once was, but it isn't the right after NGE where a majority of the animations were removed and it was only really a basic stab animation which hey admitted wasn't the intended outcome of the revamp. There are about 4 or 5 basic animations for swinging a melee weapon and that is about it.

• arrisbarrisb Member UncommonPosts: 194

Hehe, ok thx for the info.

Cant play it like that :(

• Originally posted by arrisb

Hehe, ok thx for the info.
    Cant play it like that :(

I feel ya, but hey the worse part is with the few animations in its arsenal it still has a deeper draw than a lot of MMo's out there, but I do miss the depth it once had as well as a lot of people do as well.

I just gotta say the fix to poke, poke, poke, poke was a happy farewell when I came back during the vet trial last month.

• TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161

Wow, this is so wierd... i was just planning on posting a thought on the poor animations of the game, and here you are doing the same. One thing, among many other mind you, that i felt was off with SWG was the really poor animations. One example is the horrid jump sequence, some other are the fighting animations. As i returned a year ago or something (not playing now), i got the feeling that the characters really wasn't "connecting" with the world and what was happening. In SWG you can be several feet away from the target, and with very long "invicible" arms still hit a target. My avatar never touched the enemy in that sence, thus it never felt that the fighting, or the game at points, was aspecially immersive. You were always a player looking into the game when instead you should be the avatar looking around the world you're in.

The animations and fighting sequences really are in need of a change. Fun play mostly comes from immersion and good game mechanics, so please help SWG back on it's feet again!

• The jump isn't anything but an emote for the role players. It is not a true in game feature to move over terrain. Just a hotkeyed action to your spacebar nothing more.

Whole reason you can do the chicken dance by spamming the spacebar.

• arrisbarrisb Member UncommonPosts: 194

Yup, SWG had THE best combat animations ever to grace an MMO in my opinion.

I simply refuse to play the stuttering mess it currently is.  Even the anim mods do not sync very well so that is not an option for me.  Oh well.