Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Questions....

AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

A friend and I started playing the free trial to check out this game and get ready for WAR (we are both WoW exiles). There isn't very much info to be ha for the noob, so I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there an AH? Where is it?

2) What classes are nerfed the most?

3) Any tips (in general) that you wished you knew when you started this game?

A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire

Comments

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

There has never been an Auction House or mail system.  This game has been around for 6 years now and the mail system and auction house came after.  They are thinking of implementing it but I guess that'll take some coding, they are working on it however.

All the classes IMO are pretty good.  None have really been nerfed if you ask me.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

I do not like auction houses.  They are not in the game.  You can go to housing and there are NPC labeled market explorers.  You can use those to search for items sold on personal merchants. 

Auction houses, and an in-game mail system are in the works though.  They will be on the test server sometime in November.  So, if everything works out then maybe it will be in place before they slow things down at the end of December.  There usually isn't much going on between Dec 15-Jan 15.  Patches going live take 4-8 weeks. 

The game is very different from what it was 6 years ago.  Here are general tips that apply now I guess.  If you want to do quests for XP, then go to the Catacombs zones since those are generally the fastest and best XP you can get.  Hib is easier to get around than the other two realms.  You can go up to any name guard and type /task.  If you are in the right area for your level he will give you a kill task.  Just kill 1 of what he wants and you get a lot of XP. 

Most people do not go into the BG to RvR until level 20.  Crafting is a waste of time and money until you reach level 50 when you have the funds to grind through it. 

There isn't say one class that gets nerfed or a few of them that get nerfed all the time.  The last class to take a beating that drove 99% of the players away from that class is the Animist.  Its damage potential was reduced by 66% and using many of its utility abilties will just into that even more.  It is also a hard class to learn to play.

Tanks have less of a role in open field siege warfare in RvR.  Assassins can only fight themselves because of an ability that archer classes have that make it too difficult to participate in larger battles (basically they can see you while stealth and shoot at you from a distance and all you can do is hope you evade the arrows).

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

to respond to your questions

1. There are no AH or in game mail at this time. They are in development however.

2.  I honestly believe that all classes have been nerfed at some point in time. I wager that archers/casters/stealthers are nerfed more than melee/healers

3. When I played, I wish I knew how much I needed a buff bot. Perhaps these days that is not so mandatory. I would also recommend that you play on a classic server.

Torrential