Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 trial

O'DeionO'Deion Member Posts: 78

hi been wanting to try out this game for awhile now always seems preety cool and im a big fan of ncsoft and ther games so was wonder if anyone had some trial keys left would be much apreciated if you had 2 of em but ones fine aswell

Comments

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

dont bother with it unless your okay with the 100% grind based system and 50% bots with a f'ed up economy.

• O'DeionO'Deion Member Posts: 78

That bad? damn was realy hopeing it was good

got any other sugestions for a good solid game to hold me till WAR/AOC

lease dont say wow either lol got 70 in that game already and they just dont give us druid no lovin

heh nah not a wow freak. Done with that. I tried L2 aswell but was very disappointed...

As for what to play till then, im gonna get myself Hellgate: London if they have a playable multiplayer demo first.

Otherwise im just bored, im playing EVE LOTRO WOW and RS these days, not enjoying any and have no idea why im wasting 50$ a month :P still have em all for another 10 days or so. After that I guess Hellgate would be out, or till then I might play some betas or something.

Also if you havent already tried, play EVE its really good just that I only like fantasy and mideval etc :P

Oh yeah and Fury is coming out in 4 days or so, you MIGHT like it. I myself hate it, its just PvP and no PvE (Even though im a great PvP fan and all) the game has no depth and is boring... and I also did not like the combat system.

But thats only my opinion.

• O'DeionO'Deion Member Posts: 78

yeah EVE was always fun just didnt like it being all auto done but other wise economys great plenty places to go and see pvp was always intence sep when id get poded and my ashimu was awsome the sold it got me 100 mil for that thing

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Hey I do not have a trial but I say try it... but just don't think you will see the whole game at the very beginning, you should atleast join a guild and play for a month maybe two to see if this is truly for you.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• RenithRenith Member Posts: 145

I completely agree with Greatness. Just try this game if you find it interesting to look at. I just bought a 60 day prepaid card instead of a trial, cause imo you can't really get a view of this game in just 7 days. Also, you should look for a nice english speaking guild/academy or start with a couple of RL friends, this will make it alot more fun.

• WolfdorWolfdor Member Posts: 123

I'm also looking for a trial of this game, before I decide to buy the box.  Any help would be much appreciated.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Originally posted by O'Deion

That bad? damn was realy hopeing it was good
    got any other sugestions for a good solid game to hold me till WAR/AOC
    lease dont say wow either lol got 70 in that game already and they just dont give us druid no lovin
    Try eve

Find a group of cool people, and enjoy a game with no limits.

However it does have a rather large learniing curve so give it some time.

• Mike1996Mike1996 Member Posts: 81

Follow these steps:

1. Go to the link below.

2. Choose the game from the drop down list.

3. Under the drop down enter your first name.

4. After the 1st name enter your family name. (Last Name, Just make something up if you want.)

5.Enter your email address

6. Last is the submit button!

Link:  computerbild.bg/serials.asp

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by Mike1996

Follow these steps:
    1. Go to the link below.
    2. Choose the game from the drop down list.
    3. Under the drop down enter your first name.
    4. After the 1st name enter your family name. (Last Name, Just make something up if you want.)
    5.Enter your email address
    6. Last is the submit button!
    Link:  computerbild.bg/serials.asp

wow that actually worked!  wasnt able to find a trial key for L2 cause there are no trial events underway.

very nice..can play kamael on pts now. maybe i reactivate my old account.

• Chronos39Chronos39 Member Posts: 10

Thanks a lot, it works.  :)  I am playing the trial until i receive my cd key.  :)

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I say give it a shot and see for yourself.

L2 is a grind-based game, with a long leveling curve, esp 70+. No questioning that.

However, they've made some changes to it that make it far easier for a new player/character to get into the game. Newbie buffs that are very helpful, a bucket-load of spirit/soul shots for finishing a couple key newbie quests to get you started. Many mobs drop "herbs" that are instant boosts to HP, MP, attack speed, movement speed, etc. etc. They're very temporary but help reduce downtime considerably.

And all of this is available for quite some time, easily up through your first class transfer (level 20). If you get into a clan, they will put you in their academy and by completing a trivial quest you can get full D-grade "Oath Armor" and coupons for a "shadow weapon", which use can use until you have enough money for a normal weapon and/or armor.

The economy is rough and prices tend to be rather high. But, there are various ways to make money and if you ask around, for sure, people will have some good tips to help get you started.

A friend of mine who came back to the game with me, starting from scratch, is bringing in ~4.5 million a day, at level 29, by working the manor system to get Iron Ore and selling it in a private shop. And that's just one approach.

Personally, I'm working two different angles...

One angle is setting up a "buy shop" for seal stones, exchanging them for ancient adena and selling that back to players. I then take  the money from selling the ancient adena and reinvest it back into buying more seal stones. Rinse and repeat.

In a nutshell, Ancient Adena is a secondary form of currency in L2, only available through the "Seven Seals" event (or buying it from other players, like myself :-p), by farming and trading seal stones, which are dropped by specific mobs, to an event NPC. With Ancient Adena you can buy items that cannot be bought with regular adena. So, there's always a demand for it.

In my current round, I've invested 22 million adena on the seal stones and will end up with ~31 million adena when I've sold the ancient adena. The next round should bring me up to about ~44 million, the one after that should be ~63 million, and so forth. It's a slower, but steady and passive way to do it. As I type this, I have a character setup online buying back the seals.

Meanwhile I can work another angle, which is spoiling for materials on my Scavenger. By finding out what mobs to hunt at your level, you can get things like varnish, iron ore, animal bone and other materials that are always in demand by other players (for crafting, etc), to sell to bring in more money. 

And then there are other ways.. working the market (buy low/sell high, cash in on pricing errors, etc), crafting, etc. etc.

In short, it can take time, but don't let anyone tell you it's impossible to make money in L2, or that "you have to buy your money online". That's a crock. You absolutely do not. It's very easy to make money, it just takes time and patience. Personally, I see it as another challenge aside from leveling. Use your head a bit, find your niche and work it.. and you'll be fine.

Overall, just go in with an open mind and see what you think of it. Whether you end up hating it or loving it, it's really the only way to know for sure.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops