Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free trial soon!

NoffiNoffi Member Posts: 5

Yes its right!

FoM is going to have a free trial coming up. Hopefully it will come before christmas but with DPS/(Marko) You may never know.DPS are also working on the aliens,really hard. The playerbase has dropped to a few players (MAX:30). But just wait a little longer....It will all be fine,FoM will have no problem with playerbase after Trial. I am afraid I can't go into detail how the trial will work since the forum is down >.>.

Hang in there people....trials will be here soon.

Superintendant Daniel Winters

Criminal Investigative Division

Comments

• wnnw98wnnw98 Member Posts: 37

You are an idiot.  As soon as the trial fails to bring in new subs... AND IT WILL... Ojom will pull funding from the game and there will be no more FoM.

• JephirJephir Member Posts: 36

I still miss the old FoM...

• monkeytrollmonkeytroll Member Posts: 262

Originally posted by Noffi

Yes its right!
    FoM is going to have a free trial coming up. Hopefully it will come before christmas but with DPS/(Marko) You may never know.DPS are also working on the aliens,really hard. The playerbase has dropped to a few players (MAX:30). But just wait a little longer....It will all be fine,FoM will have no problem with playerbase after Trial. I am afraid I can't go into detail how the trial will work since the forum is down >.>.

Hang in there people....trials will be here soon.

Superintendant Daniel Winters
    Criminal Investigative Division

30 People??? no way could a game run with that little amount of money! no game!

If they just lowered the cost to like $9 then i would play it again, but its too expensive to play as well as other mmos and it certainly aint good enough to be played alone

Monkeytroll

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion , even if it is totally wrong." (Johny Depp)

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Having a trial is the worst thing they could do. With no trial, they still get the occasional uninformed person who pays for the game for the first month at least. With the trial, they'll just be cementing their position as a POS to a larger section of the mmo world. The trial will kill the game, servers overloaded by people tring it and noone sticking around to pay, so they have to absorb the bandwidth cost. Buh-bye, FOM.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

to be very honest, I am shocked that Face of Mankind has actually lasted this long.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• TigersmithTigersmith Member UncommonPosts: 23

Originally posted by Jephir
    I still miss the old FoM...

me too the beta was soo fun

• complexiatorcomplexiator Member UncommonPosts: 121

I will be playing right away if the player base is around 500 again.

• JiffyjayJiffyjay Member Posts: 1

Awful idea, once people play the trial they will see that the game is shit and will not subscribe.

The game's publisher and designing team was told what they could have done to fix it up, but they neglected the suggestions from the consumers.

The milestone's only screwed the game up even more. The game is unfixable in it's current state unless they do a full rollback and go to either pre-milestone or post-milestone 1 and fix it up from there.

Doubt it will work. Every game is doomed to end, and it's time to admit that FoM is not WoW, Planetside, Battleground Europe, Ultima online, or Counter-Strike. But the designers are foolish and only listen to the easiest suggestions.

I believe that they need to rollback to pre-milestone, because that is where it was enjoyed most.

• JephirJephir Member Posts: 36

I would actually resubscribe if everything was rolled back to the early beta.

• gregogrgregogr Member UncommonPosts: 4

FoM F2P with Iten Mall, can be goooood....

FoM beta was the best! I really miss too

--yo

• ScissorsScissors Member UncommonPosts: 4

When the trial comes out, im there. I found it hard to believe new players would just pay to try it in the first place...

I played beta and it was awesome.

• brainobraino Member Posts: 10

Hah, FoM is actually still alive? How many people play these days, like 10? I just checked the main page and the patch notes and seems there are more DDOS attacks then there are players. Also the forum is offline which used to be part of the life line of FoM.

I honestly would not be surprised if they pull the plug these days because what they are doing now is having people invest money in a game that won't make it.

Shame though it had potention but it got all shafted when that new Engine game and everything looked so bright and things like missions system/mining system and of course item dropping got removed.

RIP

• drdysdydrdysdy Member Posts: 25

Those of you who believe that a trial will fail to build a population, are very ill-informed. FoM's main problem at the moment, is the lack of a player-base(except those mentioned thirty players). FoM needs to have a bigger population before the game is even playable. When a trial is implemented that player-base will grow exponentially.

I bet the alien homeworld will be released right after  a free trial is implemented.

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Originally posted by drdysdy

Those of you who believe that a trial will fail to build a population, are very ill-informed. FoM's main problem at the moment, is the lack of a player-base(except those mentioned thirty players). FoM needs to have a bigger population before the game is even playable. When a trial is implemented that player-base will grow exponentially.
     I bet the alien homeworld will be released right after  a free trial is implemented.

I don't understand what does have more players have to do with having a good game?

Don't you think if the game was good now, that people would be playing it?

Originally posted by zigmund

Originally posted by drdysdy

I don't understand what does have more players have to do with having a good game?

Don't you think if the game was good now, that people would be playing it?

The player run aspects of the game are what holds the game back when it has an almost non-existant population.  (Missions are created by other players, the economy is a closed economy meaning any items you make have to be bought by other players. Combat in FoM is boring with only a few people, but the most fun you'll ever have when they are large battles, etc.)

Why do you think it's taking so long for FoM to die? because most of the people who stay, were around in the days when there was a large population.

No, I don't. Nobody is willing to pay to try a game that gets so much negative attention from people who play the game for two days(in a time when there is a small population)., and write shit reviews everywhere they possibly can.

(like threads like this one "Don’t waste your time with this". Seriously, are you people trying to kill our fun?)

denial is a wonderful thing.....

Originally posted by wnnw98

denial is a wonderful thing.....

lol, what an intelligent response.

oh, sarcasm.  what an intelligent response, indeed.

anyhow, besides baiting me into an argument... how do you think FoM is going to be doing in the near future?

i've personally been told by a senior Ojom employee in charge of FoM that it is practically being given its last chance.  they tried to advertise for the game in "test markets" but the "conversion rate is not very desirable," he said.  he added that after it was on retail in 2 european countries they "now have all the product back."

granted, this was a few months ago.  but, indeed, the situation has worsened since then.  the only bright spot being that smoker was "released," and only about a year too late.

the new lead CM has not impressed me.  Ojom still does not know how to publish a game, let alone an MMO.  Duplex is still practically a one man show, and his flaws as a game developer grow more evident by the day.

most of the hardcore playerbase yearns for an open-beta style rollback, which will never happen.  face it, Ojom is incompetent, Duplex is stubborn, and honestly the hardcore playerbase is filled with mentally retarded internet tough guys.

and before you go on to say that i'm some noob who only played for a couple weeks, let me assure you that i played for a long time and had access to things that you probably only had wet dreams about.

how is that for your intelligent response?

Originally posted by wnnw98

and before you go on to say that i'm some noob who only played for a couple weeks, let me assure you that i played for a long time and had access to things that you probably only had wet dreams about.

Why don't you enlighten me on some of these things, you know, for credibility. Maybe a name would help?

Ojom's test market was germany, which FoM has never done well in. First of all the advertisement was crap, second of all they did it in the format that they do cell phone games. You can't market an MMO that way.

What I'm trying to say is this, go die ojom.

how is that for your intelligent response?

Much better.

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Isn't there another post about FoM pulling the plug, kind of makes this thread redundant and thus proving my point, it couldn't have been that good of a game.

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Zorvan

Having a trial is the worst thing they could do. With no trial, they still get the occasional uninformed person who pays for the game for the first month at least. With the trial, they'll just be cementing their position as a POS to a larger section of the mmo world. The trial will kill the game, servers overloaded by people tring it and noone sticking around to pay, so they have to absorb the bandwidth cost. Buh-bye, FOM.
    The only "real" argument I find to why a trial would kill FoM was "that the servers would be overloaded" and yet that argument is void since as long as their servers arent made out of old milk containers thats probably never going to happen.

• stimulatedstimulated Member Posts: 15

I used to play the BETA and had a lot of fun doing it. I had actually gained a lot of money on that game and I was absolutely gutted when it changed to a pay-to-play but what was I to expect. I do think the game will end up like Anarchy Online though as they did the free trial thing and ended up with an immense amount of players on their servers and many of the "froob" players upgraded their accounts for the extras so FunCom raked the money in.

• magicquickmagicquick Member Posts: 2

YES, I also want the game return to the past section, now there are only small number of people  who are playing the game, so I feel a little bored.

• PoisonIvy84PoisonIvy84 Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by zigmund

Isn't there another post about FoM pulling the plug, kind of makes this thread redundant and thus proving my point, it couldn't have been that good of a game.

• aruthamarutham Member Posts: 63

FoM is a great game, Through out Beta, newbs quit because the game wasnt newb friendly...some people left due to the crappy gfx and the bad servers...

Most of the people who left never came back and tried the game again....so they never saw the changes that was made to counter all the reasons people left.

There was also the hardcore fom players who saw any move to be more newb friendly as carebearing teh game...And that might be true, but as what would any of us prefer a game that shuts down because only a few people will play it, or a game that doesnt shut down?

FoM owns, and I wont even bother with the free account, going to pay as soon as possible.....But free acounts are a good idea, as i remember DPS talked about free accounts over a year ago....But with one problem or another never got around to it...