Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will preorder accounts last a few days after release?

StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110

Okay, that didn't entirely make sense, but upon release - will we immediantly need to enter a retail key to play? With LOTRO, the beta account lasted for like 7 days after the retail version was released to let the people play while waiting for their retail key. Is Hellgate going to do this? I'm asking because theres no point in getting overnight shipping if this is the case.

Comments

• motoarchmotoarch Member Posts: 44

your pre-order key and release key are the same, so you would only need to update your account status.  Atleast thats my best quess.  As far as account status you can play for free after full release or pay a monthly fee for "elite" standing

• StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110

I should say the beta key then. Whatever activates the account that we're using now. Does the beta key last after the game goes retail for a few days to allow us time to get our game and apply the retail key and still play while waiting? I don't know how else to word it, sorry. :(

• motoarchmotoarch Member Posts: 44

Q: Great, I was able to create my account. That means I'm in the Beta now, right?

A: Yes and no. Yes, because you've created your Beta account (which also carries over into the retail, live game by the way), but there might be a small delay before you get to actually start playing the game. We're sending out game invites in waves so we can check on server issues and such as more and more people join the game. Don't worry though, you'll absolutely, definitely, positively get in the Beta soon. We promise! Just wait for the email with the invitation.

This is from HGL faq btw.  Since the account is actived with your key it looks like it should carry over permently.  So youll only need to update your account status if you want elite or not.  Not 100% on this but hope i helped