Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1st or 3rd person?

gadunkgadunk Member UncommonPosts: 164

I'm terrible at FPS games. Old and slow I guess hah. How easy/hard is it to play this through in 3rd person? Does it matter much at all?

Comments

• flood950flood950 Member Posts: 447

I dont think anyone can answer much as far as gameplay specifics yet because of the NDA unfortunately.  Just wanted to note that so you dont think people are ignoring you :)

Then again, someone may go into detail explaining it...heh.

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839

Well(i get this info from a mag awhile ago) you have two options, but some class's you shouldnt bother doing third.

Marksman should be First person since its based on skill more rather then stats.

Same for Engineer(althought you could get away with third)

Summoner can go either way

All the rest would be best to do Third since you would only be carrying say like A pistol and focusing on CC or CAsting

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

simple answer: both.

• Az2002roAz2002ro Member UncommonPosts: 158

Complex answer: Its very playable in both modes, though some classes only allow one type of mode.

• TrenytTrenyt Member Posts: 88

I dont know to be honest, the hunter faction is the one that primarily uses the 1st person views because gun fighting lends itself better for that, ie spatial awareness of things that say... fly above you.

But im sure ive seen vids of marksmen in third person walking around, might have been seeing things though

Either way it would be nice if both forms were available to all factions, so you could fully zoom into first person with mouse wheel or something, like WoW's system. Quick, simple changing between them for best vantage point and view.

• TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513

You can find that out without risking anyone breaking NDA. Do some advanced research on you tube and such and watch all the videos your eyes can stand. I've seen videos of Marksmen going from first to third person and back. I'm sure its much better to play a hunter class in first person as aiming will probably be important but I know you can play in third if you absolutely need to.

As far as I've seen the other factions are only in third person, but I could be wrong on that.

• trev9999trev9999 Member Posts: 199

I already signed the NDA.

CURRENTLY PLAYING SHAIYA

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Hmm, in one of the latest previews I read the praise how the game manages to seamlessly move from 3rd person to 1st person with a flick of the mouse wheel... Imho the class you choose will dictate the game's pace and perspective.

I imagine Marksman will be the fastest - requiring you to aim 1st person most of the time, while Templar Guardian might be the slowest - he actually gets more buffs  the more mobs are around him... according to game vids these buffs can be released for mass aoe and stuff. So I imagine he uses the least actions/minute of all classes (a good timing might be very important there though) and plays almost exclusively in 3rd person to have the best all-around situational awareness.

• TrenytTrenyt Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by markoraos

Hmm, in one of the latest previews I read the praise how the game manages to seamlessly move from 3rd person to 1st person with a flick of the mouse wheel... Imho the class you choose will dictate the game's pace and perspective.
    I imagine Marksman will be the fastest - requiring you to aim 1st person most of the time, while Templar Guardian might be the slowest - he actually gets more buffs  the more mobs are around him... according to game vids these buffs can be released for mass aoe and stuff. So I imagine he uses the least actions/minute of all classes (a good timing might be very important there though) and plays almost exclusively in 3rd person to have the best all-around situational awareness.

Aye mouse wheel system is used in World of Warcraft and i love it tbh, i dont play much in first person in that game but its great to have a seemless option to do so if i fancy having a 'through my eyes' feel.

I think the first person views will lend themselves more for situations when you need to see things in the sky above you or things at great distance away, 3rd for close area situational awareness. But with that said many people have learnt to adapt both styles to suit the majority of situ's.

Each to his own

• gadunkgadunk Member UncommonPosts: 164

have to admit, my main reason for being sketchy about 1st person is that I get sick lol.. I know it's stupid but when I play games like HL2, Doom3, F.E.A.R. I can't even get through maybe 1 or 2 levels before I feel so sick to my stomach I have to go lay down.. terrible isn't it? I haven't been able to play FPS since the 1st Halo on xbox. That's the 1st game I remember that made me feel ill. I hate it!

Hopefully, since it looks like more of this game is in outdoor environments, I'll be ok in 1st person. I think my motion sick comes from running around inside corridors and such. I hate it!

Did I mention I hate not being able to play 1st person games? hehe. I'd have The Orange Box right now if it wasn't for that :P