Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Professions??

deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112

What profession do you think rakes in the most money and is easiest to play? i noticed skinning and leatherworking works pretty well... I don't see the point in doing enchanting though, but then of course it's never been explained to me on how it works... I also noticed that engineering is pretty fun with the use of explosives and machanical squirrels... So can someone explain which profession makes the most cash? I've heard enchanting can make a ton of money but i don't really see how...

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comments

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

If it is purely money making you are looking for then i would go for Mining and Skinning as both of these require the minimum of effort for a cash return. You can skin and mine while you are questing and levelling without really interupting the flow of play.

Other professions can return great rewards, but they require a lot of time for gathering materials and cash to buy patterns etc. before you are at the point that you can make some serious cash, enchanting is a prime example.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Most professions will net you a lot of money if you do it right so I would suggest picking what you would enjoy doing the most.

Also, if you progress your profession fast (grinding it) then you will probably spend more money than making it.

I am a Jeweler/Miner.  At lvl 32, I have 220 gold.  I wont tell you my secrets because everyone else would probably do it and then I wont make anything lol; you'll have to find out yourself like I did.  Anyone can make large sums of money off of pretty much any profession.

If you are going to be an enchanter, you will not make a whole lot of money at first but keep every green and blue drop you find and disenchant.  Place those disenchanting items in the AH. They sell well.

Same goes for leathemaker.  Make some heavy armor kits and sell them high.

It'll take patience and isn't a quick fix (no profession is) and if you rush it, it'll kill your gold. Pick two that you'll enjoy doing or is most relevant to your class and do it.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Making money with some professions takes knowledge of the game and hard work.

However making money with dual gathering professions (e.g. mining/skinning) is easy mode. Anyone can do it, and unless you go really mad in the AH you will have far more than you need to buy your mount at level 40.

• Hell with the new expansion around the corner I can't imagine people won't just throw gold at ya. Gold is easiest enough to get with the current lvl 70 system let alone a lvl 80 (10+ gold junk items on average heh).

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

I'd have to go with Alchemy.  It's very easy to level, you can also do it while playing without interrupting the flow and you can make a ton of money off the AH once you get it up to a decent level which won't take very long.  In fact with my Alchemist I rake in approximately 10-20g a day in about 5 minutes of work.  I don't gather herbs at all, I buy everything off the AH and turn them into potions that I sell on the AH for a profit.  I also sell one Arcanite Bar on the AH just about everyday for around 10g.  If you watch for sales of Arcane Crystals you can buy them very cheap, less than 1g each.  A stack of 5 Super Mana pots always sells well and makes a nice profit.  Any elixer's you can make will probably turn a profit.  Again, you have to watch for sales of the herbs and only buy them when the price is low and only sell your potions when then prices are high.  Do this everyday for a week or 2 and you will know when to buy and when to sell and make a nice profit.  It takes only a few minutes to buy the herbs and arcanite crystals, make the potions and arcanite bars and place them on the AH.