Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOW CAN WE FORCE JOYMAX TO USE A FAIR POLICY???

deugemietdeugemiet Member Posts: 82

Its so frustrating if u play silkroadonline; the game is nice but Joymax lie about their policy....it's so crystal clear that they don't do anything with the BOTPROBLEM.

Check out this link: http://www.silkroadonline.net/sro_board/bhboard/bh_postview.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=51435  its shows the frustation of all the legit players.

Has anyone an suggestion except stop playing this game, how to force Joymax using a fair policy?  I played many mmo's but this...this fake policy is unbelievable unfair. ..

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

ER....the bad news is....no, there is nothing you can do to force Joymax to do anything with regards to 'their' game....you are stuck with 2 choices.... play it the way they want to run it or play something else. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RinicRinic Member Posts: 715

Bot too.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

It's an item shop game, what do you expect?

Stop playing item shop games.

• deugemietdeugemiet Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by Samuraisword

It's an item shop game, what do you expect?
    Stop playing item shop games.

Nonsens...there are a few other games with an item mall like Voyage Century  Online or Last Chaos but those game arent overflowed by bots...in fact...i didnt note that they're in it and thats a good sign.

Like i said i have enough experience with a lot of mmo's, included free mmo's but Joymax's Silkroad is a big exeption in the negative way...

• windstrike1windstrike1 Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Rinic

Bot too.

Worked for me.   Then I realized that wasn't fun and uninstalled.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Uraziel

So you reported him and got him banned for saying something completely non-offensive ?:P

I didn't report anyone.

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

are they spam bots or they people boting?

Spam bots I would suggest civil action if you can find someone to take the case. Currently there are lawyers who suiting gilsellers , spam bots and "account theives". In the Houston / Dallas area they run a small ad looking for people to join a class action status case involving WOW spam bot that the traced to FL and Cali.

The other option if consumer policy / protection in your home state. For example in Texas you fight for and get a refund / credit from mirco payment companies. Normally takes a letter from local agent and / or help from your bank.

You can also attempt to sue the game company and test certain weak points in thier armor. But the only people with access to unlimited legal funds beside the rich would be 1) a prison 2) a lawyer looking to make a point 3) the American Disiability Defense fund

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Bots can only thrive in games with poor design.

• mdpedenmdpeden Member Posts: 19

No, you can not force them to have a fair policy.  If you feel that the policy is unfair, email the company and tell them exactly what you feel is unfair about their policy, and ask them why they have that policy.

Give the company a chance to respond (3 to 5 work days is more then enough)

If they can not explain the policy to your satisfaction, then inform the company that you are leaving the game for that reason.  Inform your friends and associates in the game that you are leaving because of that specific policy (The more specific you are in your farewell, the more people who may agree and leave also.  Avoid open ended comments like your title.)

And then uninstall that program, but keep an eye on the forums form time to time.  If enough people agree with you, the company may see clear to actually reconsider that policy.

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

Originally posted by ianubisi

Exactly, and that seems to be Samuraisword's point. Item shop games are not designed to be fair. Whoever spends more money is uber.

What's with all the deleted posts? Nothing I read was offensive. Someone is powertripping.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Where have you been Voyage of the Century is loaded with bots, in fact the top guild has had a bunch of people suspended due to macroing.    I don't think there are enough people in Lastchaos to support bots, what would you bother to buy even?  Not like there is any hot items in that game.

The problem with all these free to play games, they do not have the income to support a support staff that can control the bot problem.  If you want support, find a subscription game.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Originally posted by RedwoodSap

Exactly, and that seems to be Samuraisword's point. Item shop games are not designed to be fair. Whoever spends more money is uber.

What's with all the deleted posts? Nothing I read was offensive. Someone is powertripping.

Actually alot of games that have item shops offer small things and rarely things to make a character GODDLY. Atleast at this point. The reason is simple, nobody would play. The norm is to offer mediocre advancements and such, though I am sure there are other games where "SWORD OF HOLY RAIDEN AND STUFF+5" goes for 56 dollars on their item malls.

The only reason I state this is from experience. My ass will play anything atleast once to find out. p2p or f2p I don't care. With mall games first thing I do is check the item mall.. and if there is WAY uber stuff that players couldn't get unless they buy from them? Well whatever. I don't play games to compete with others unless it's a fps. I play for my own little world.

Bots are a problem with SRO and that is a reason the game has been backlashed constantly. But then again bots are a problem in any game period f2p or not.

The class action on a bot will not go through as there is no legal grounds.. None what so ever. There is no law for mmorpg's and spamming. You can't sue the creator simply because bots can be used for more than games. Hell the most used spam bot for WoW was originally used for chat rooms. So weee.

• SymoneSymone Member Posts: 277

lol, this sounds clever on the surface, but lets look deeper.

Humans make games,. Anything a human can do, can be undone by another human. No matter how complicated the game, something can be done to usurp their work...

I know though that cheesy "123 pickup" type games are a lot easier to bot I'm just sayin'

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Like the above posters says you have 2 choices: take it or leave it (aka join the crowd of botters or leave the game). Botters are a serious plague that ruins a game faster than you can blink, obviously the game publishers like Joymax will be forced to do something if the botting begins to cut into their profits at the same time they could be aware of the problem but lacks any resources to do anything. Most of these FREE2PLAY games most likely lack the resources (manpower) to do much about cheating/botting problems in their game as they are companies who are run by only a small team of people.

One mans poor design is anothers great design.

It's an opinion, bots are just all over because there is generally money to be made in mmo's.

That and some people don't like levelling they like end game.

Bottom line people just bot because they can.

It can be a perfect game with EVERYTHING EVER ASKED FOR COME TRUE. People would still bot.

It can be a crappy game with nothing anyone has ever wanted . People would still bot.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Originally posted by Astropuyo

It's an opinion, bots are just all over because there is generally money to be made in mmo's.
    It can be a perfect game with EVERYTHING EVER ASKED FOR COME TRUE. People would still bot.
    It can be a crappy game with nothing anyone has ever wanted . People would still bot.

It's the law of least resistance. Any sentient moderately intelligent being will naturally always go for the easiest route to achieve their goals if they can get away it.

Originally posted by liddokun

Originally posted by Astropuyo

It's the law of least resistance. Any sentient moderately intelligent being will naturally always go for the easiest route to achieve their goals if they can get away it.

Unless you are in your angst years of teenage-dom then it becomes "Least resistance sucks, I'm gonna do things the hard way!"

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

Designs dont make a bot program. You can develop a bot using MS Word, there is no sure fire way to defeat bots. People who cheat , will always find a way and will always do it. Why do you think gilsellers cant be killed off.

Originally posted by Azure77

Designs dont make a bot program. You can develop a bot using MS Word, there is no sure fire way to defeat bots. People who cheat , will always find a way and will always do it. Why do you think gilsellers cant be killed off.

I believe he meant, a baddly designed game creates the need to bot.

Where I say this a baddly designed game creates the need for me to log off/cancel subscription/uninstall/give said game to friend and tell him "IT %$@%ING ROCKS I just don't have time" and watch as WoW repeats itself in another game.

• deugemietdeugemiet Member Posts: 82

Years ago I played Asheron's Call over 3 years and everybody was allowed to use 'el tank' (botprogram). The only thing what wasnt allowed was botting afk. If u where approached by a GM and didnt reply u got a boot for about 3 days.  If that happend a 2nd time u got a perm ban.

It was a nice game. It didnt suffer from using el tank imo. The difference was we all payed $12,95 subscription. But the free games i listed don't much suffer from lag or u won't get booted because people with a premium account want to get in. In those listed games u always able to log in.

SRO is appealing me to much, so im not about to leave. Sending the compagny a letter and complain about their policy will help if they got thousands of letters and when people leave the game. But that will never happend. They earn to much from people who buy silk or a premium accounts of $20.

The only thing i can do is sending an ingame message to the bot hoping the host will read it. Like 'don't let ur bot run arround in the town the whole time and nothing else while other players can't log in because the server is overcrowded.

But i think a lot of bot users are selfish people who don't care for others (i hope their houses will burn down )

Levelling ur chars by ur own hand will give a certain satisfaction u never will get when ur botting.

• yupeizuanyupeizuan Member Posts: 16

In my experience, Korean's game always has some bot problem. 

It is theire style.